Shared room calander Exchange 2013 RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to create a shared calendar for a room that can be accessed by all users to schedule/reserve as needed.  I want anyone user to be able to see all scheduled reservations and be able to add without request.  Previously I was doing this in 2010 through public folders, but prefer not to use them in 2013 if possible.  I only have 3 rooms that need this, but seem to be missing something.  Is there a way to have a shared room calendar that functions like a public folder calendar? 

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:38 PM

All replies

• A room mailbox receives the meeting invites and according to the configuration accepts them or not. You can choose who can do what. I believe the default configuration is to accept bookings from everyone as long as it doesn't clash with another, but only allow editing of your own bookings. Of course an owner can be defined with higher permissions.

CRM Advisor

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:53 PM
  • Correct.  But I am trying to enable the calendar to allow direct input without having to send the request, just like a personal calendar.  This is possible with a public folder calendar by granting ownership to the desired users, but I would prefer not to use public folders if possible.  
    Tuesday, December 9, 2014 9:57 PM
  • You can do that too...not that I'm sure why you would want to. Set-mailboxfolderpermission -identity 'mailbox name:\Calendar' -user default -accessrights author That will change the default permission on the calendar to author allowing people add appointments instead of using meeting requests.

CRM Advisor

Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:42 PM