After using Proc_AddListItem it doesn't show in the GUI List View?? RRS feed

• Question

• I am using SSIS to pull a list from our production database to get a list of names and compare it to a list in sharepoint, then update the sharepoint list with any new names. Right now what I have working is a lookup transformation from our production database to the sharepoint database and an output file destination to put all the new names in.

so it looks something like this in my data flow....

get production data -> convert it so it matches sharepoint data types ->lookup the values in sharepoint and compare them to production ->output any names that don't match to an excel file.

This works great!

here's what I need to do...

Once I get the new names, I need to insert the new names back into the sharepoint list. I have been testing the Proc_addlistitem in Sharepoint to accomplish this and the procedure actually works great and puts the list item in the AllUserData table perfectly! The problem is that Sharepoint doesn't update the actual listitems on the client side. For example, I insert a new item and validate the data, then I go to our local sharepoint site and the listitem DOES NOT appear in the list! What! I can't figure this out.

I can't move on to the next step in my data flow without figuring out why Sharepoint is not showing my data after inserting values.

PLEASE HELP!!

Thanks!

PS.  We are currently using Sharepoint Services 3.0

katie Schmidt

• Edited by Mike Walsh FIN Friday, April 22, 2011 2:24 PM Reference to SPF 2010 removed. These are pre-SP 2010 forums. Use the SP 2010 forums for SP 2010 questions
    Friday, April 22, 2011 2:01 PM

Answers

• Hi FLKSchmidt,

How about try to insert the new list items to SharePoint site but not to update it to database directly? Please try the code provided by Sandip Patil’s in this thread.

PS: Direct modification of SharePoint database or its data is not recommended and not supported.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 29, 2011 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:43 AM

All replies

• Hi FLKSchmidt,

How about try to insert the new list items to SharePoint site but not to update it to database directly? Please try the code provided by Sandip Patil’s in this thread.

PS: Direct modification of SharePoint database or its data is not recommended and not supported.

Best regards,
    Emir

• Marked as answer by Leoyi Sun Friday, April 29, 2011 2:02 AM
    Tuesday, April 26, 2011 7:43 AM
  • The question was: why doesn't the use of the Sharepoint-provided stored procedure Proc_addlistitem() result in visible list-items?
    The whole thing is rather pointless this way.

I have the same problem as Katie and i keep getting answers like 'you shouldn't go there' etc. Very sorry about that, but i have nowhere else to go: Visual Studio is not an option.

Anyone more please?

Monday, January 16, 2012 7:04 PM
  • I am also facing the same issue. 

I am using SSIS 2012, my source is Oracle 11G & destination is SharePoint 2013. Please let me know if you had resolved this issue. or else you had any other work around.

Friday, August 5, 2016 3:00 PM