none
Project Web Access (PWA) links are not working - displaying 404 RRS feed

• Question

• This is a recent event and was noticed last week and I am unsure why this is occuring

A user logs into PWA - they can access their projects, their resources , the approval center, tasks, timesheets, etc... almost every link except Workflow Approvals and Sample Reports under Business Intelligence

I've tried using the sharepoint configuration wizard and this does not work, I've tried an IIS reset, and a couple of server restarts

nothing - the interesting thing is that the workflow approvals does not go to the full URL it goes to a shorter version

http://servername/pwa/project%20server%20workflow%20tasks

vs

http://servername/pwa/project%20server%20workflow%20tasks/MyItems.aspx

If I try to past the rest of the link in the URL nothing happens and a 404 is still displayed.... 

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated 

Monday, November 24, 2014 11:02 PM

All replies

• Hi,

shorter link is not an issue, but is it like this since the start? 

check under Site content type if PSWApprovalTask is available? if not then enable under Site Settings -> Manage site feature -> workflow task content type.

Let us know if this works.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 1:04 AM
  • I should note this is for Project Server 2010... things may be slightly different

This has been recent and I believe (although not sure) it was after applying the patches from last month - and someone finally clicked on that link.  

I checked under site content type and PSWApprovalTask was available 

I then went to Site Settings -> Manage Site Features and there was no "workflow task content type" - there was "Project Proposal Workflow" 

However that was active 

is there any other place the workflows are activated or deactivated? Even the sample reports..

Its very interesting which sites/pages work vs dont work... 

Tuesday, November 25, 2014 12:48 PM
  • I'd really like some kind of assistance from anyone... thoughts/things to try??

Is there a location of the ASPX files for me to check?  Is there anyway of refreshing these pages?

Would re-provisioning the PWA server a possibility? 

Thanks

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 12:47 PM
  • Another thing that was pointed out 

Under Project Web App -> All Site COntent -> Select the View "Lists"

We are missing the Project Server WorkflowTask and the Project Server Workflow History folders

is there a way to re-enable them?

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:28 PM
  • Further investigation:

Not sure but on our dev/test server there are the following site features Active:

Metadata Navigation and Filtering
    Offline Synchronization for External Lists
    SharePoint Server Enterprise Site Features
    SharePoint Server
    Team Collaboration Lists

However - on my prod server (where the links are not working) the only one active is Team Collaboration lists

So odd - not sure why this type of deltas would be occurring... 

Can another admin tell me what they have running (I understand that configurations are different) so I know if I can enable them without harm... 

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 2:58 PM
  • Hi kbwrecker,

Go to your PWA -> site settings -> Under Site Collection Administration go to Site Collection Features and look for Project Server Approval Content Type,  enable it if its not already Activated.

let us know.

Khurram Jamshed - MBA, PMP, MCTS, MCITP ( Blog, Twitter, Linkedin )
    If you found this post helpful, please “Vote as Helpful”. If it answered your question, please “Mark as Answer”.

Wednesday, November 26, 2014 11:22 PM
  • Khurram:

Thank you for the reply - I am using Project Server 2010 so my options are not the same under manage site content.

The closest I have to "Porject Server Approval Content Type" is Project Proposal Workflow which is not activated...

Monday, December 1, 2014 11:20 AM