Windows 7 64-bit + Sharepoint 2007 + Internet Explorer 8/9 + Explorer View RRS feed

• Question

• I am working with someone who is accessing documents online with sharepoint. She wants to view the document library in explorer view, but a new window pops up. I understand that as far as productivity is concerned, she is able to do exactly what she needs to do in this new window.

However this is not actually the problem. The problem is of aesthetics. On her old computer when she accesses explorer view, the documents library can be view embedded into the web browser instead of opening a new windows explorer window. This is how she wants it on the new computer and I cannot quite figure out how to do that.

I thought it was a setting within Internet Explorer, so I just replicated all the settings over to the new computer.

Her co-worker, who has the same hardware setup and operating system as she does is able to view her documents libraries within the web browser. How can I make it so this is the case?

Thanks,

Jason

Friday, December 9, 2011 3:26 PM

All replies

• There are two ways to initiate Explorer view:

1. Actions : Open With Windows Explorer

2. View: Explorer View

The first is what you describe, the 2nd should be what she wants.

Steve Clark, MCTS | Twin-Soft.com
    Friday, December 9, 2011 3:53 PM
  • Both ways do the same thing for her, they each open up a new window instead of creating a view in the web browser.

Friday, December 9, 2011 4:23 PM