"Requires a restart to finish installing" - 2017-11 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1703 for x64-based Systems (KB4048954) - Restart Issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Support Team,

I have recently updated windows patches from WSUS server to all the domain system but I'm facing problem with "KB4048954" this patch, After installing this I have restarted my (All the domain) system multiple times but still it's showing "Requires a restart to finish installing"  Please help me to resolve this issue. (Windows 10 OS)

Thanks & regards,

Sanjeev Chavhan

Monday, November 20, 2017 3:11 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Please check the solution of the similar issue within this thread:

"

The method that I have found that worked is to: 

• manually download the update from the windows update catalog.
    • shut down windows update service
    • uninstall the partially installed update kb4048954
    • verify that the windows update service is still not running
    • go to c:\windows\softwareDistribution\Download and delete all (you may have to view file options and view hidden and system files)
    • Manually install the update that you downloaded from the catalog.
    • turn the windows update service back on if it has not already started.

"

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/db80a455-e2a9-43a4-a666-5a5630dc32a0/kb4048954-doesnt-complete-always-requires-restart?forum=smallbusinessserver

Best Regards,

Elton

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:41 AM
  • This is ridiculous... I have a domain of 500 pcs... I deployed this update to a test group and almost all of them are saying requires restart... I have of course restarted. My home laptop with absolutely nothing special on it what so ever is also saying the same.

Seems like MS have mucked up this month... Can someone please post when this is fixed.

I can't reset W update on all these machines....

All previous 1703 CU's have worked fine for us.

Tuesday, November 21, 2017 5:50 PM
  • Um, ditto here.  What's going on with this?  c'mon,
    Friday, November 24, 2017 11:45 PM