Archive Server DB co-existance for Lync to Skype 2015 migration RRS feed

• Question

• We are migrating from Lync 2010 to Skype for business server 2015 and have archiving enabled in 2010 and the archive DB hosted on a separate SQL server.  Researching the steps when we stage the new Skype for business 2015 server and add the archiving role it will ask for the SQL server which we would then use the same SQL server that hosts the 2010 archive DB.

The issue is the 2010 and 2015 archive DB's both look to use the name LCSLog and I don't see a means to manually name the DB as part of Skype 2015 setup.  Having two DB's of the same name on the same SQL server will clearly not work.  This is our main SQL cluster and I'd rather not stage a new SQL host just for this.

Is their a means to set the archive database during setup or is there another means to get around this?

Thank you,

David

Thursday, January 17, 2019 8:13 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Based on my test on different pools associating the same SQL with Archiving enabled in topology builder, it reports no error.

Please try as follows:

1. stop archiving service (not any other service) on Lync 2010.

2. Enable archiving for sfb 2015 pool.

3. Associate sfb archiving db with the sql of Lync 2010.

Publish the topology and hope everything works.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Edited by Calvin-Liu Friday, January 18, 2019 9:44 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Calvin-Liu Wednesday, January 23, 2019 9:13 AM
    Friday, January 18, 2019 9:40 AM
  • Thanks for the response Calvin.  this would imply that during the co-existence Lync 2010 and SFB 2015 would be archiving data to the same database.  Is there a means to define the DB name to ensure it is two separate DB's on the same SQL server?
    Friday, January 18, 2019 3:08 PM
  • Hi,

Though we don't have the coexistence testing environment, I assume that the SQL would still be running though you are sharing the one both with Lync and SFB.

Based on my research, I would say the DB name "Lcslog" of Archiving is default and could not be changed.

Kind regards,

Calvin Liu

Please remember to mark the reply as an answer if you find it is helpful. It will assist others who has similar issue. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Tuesday, January 22, 2019 10:58 AM