none
error installing Dashboard designer (Unauthorized) RRS feed

• Question

• I am connecting to our PPS site to download the dashboard designer. I connect and click the RUN button. It next verifies the applicatoin for about 5 seconds then
    I get the error "Cannot retrieve application. Authentication error". However, I can hit the install site obviously and I can hit the WebService URL as well.

When I look at the dump log I see "The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized" error. The odd thing is that I am administrator on the server
    and one of my colleagues sitting across from me can download the designer with no issues.

Also, I grabbed the Designer folder from the server and was able to install it, but I can't get it to connect to the server.

Any thoughts?

FJK
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:08 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello FJK,

Have you seen this thread?  http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ppsmonitoringandanalytics/thread/1bf3741b-c0eb-43a3-9ba7-d60f41926072/

Thanks,

Aseem Nayar - MSFT
    This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    • Marked as answer by Frank Kearney Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:13 PM
    Tuesday, August 11, 2009 7:20 PM
  • Yes I saw that thread and tried to add the website, but that wasn't working. WHat I found out was that if I just add the servername in the manage passwords window, that worked.

Thanks!
    FJK
    Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:13 PM
  • Yes I saw that thread and tried to add the website, but that wasn't working. WHat I found out was that if I just add the servername in the manage passwords window, that worked.

Thanks!
    FJK
    I have the same error on windows 7 can you explain this in more detail 

Sri.Tummala

Saturday, June 30, 2012 11:38 AM