none
Lync web app on Mac Safari

Question

• When I join a Skype meeting on Lync web app on Mac Safari I can connect, hear and speak but the presentation window is blank. I have tried re-installing the plug ins. Any suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Ken

Thursday, April 12, 2018 9:18 PM

All replies

• Hi KenS25,

Do other users in your organization have the same problem?

Please check the requirement for Lync web app 2010:

Silverlight version: 4 GDR 0 (Build: 4.0.50524) browser plug-in, or a later version of Silverlight

Lync Web App is not supported on 32-bit Safari 4.x browsers, except for Macintosh OS 10.4.8 and later versions (Intel-based).

Lync Web App is not supported on 64-bit browsers.

You could try to change Firefox 3.x or later (32 bit) browser and make a test.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, April 13, 2018 7:42 AM
  • Hi,

Are there any update for this issue, if the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who has similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, April 16, 2018 11:46 AM
  • Hi ,

Do you have some updates? If the reply help to you ,please mark the reply as answer.

Best Regards,
    Leon Lu

Wednesday, April 18, 2018 11:17 AM
  • I am also trying to get this thing to work. I have a web meeting coming up next week with a customer who insists on using sync (my company uses Zoom or Webex). They sent me a URL for that meeting so I wanted to make sure everything works beforehand ....

When I click it that URL, I am asked to download and install some web app: LWAPluginInstaller.pkg.

I go through the download and installation, but then nothing else happens. When I click "join the meeting", I am asked to download and install again and again and again. 

I am running macOS High Sierra 10.13.6. Safari 12.0

I tried searching your web site for something else to download - don't you guys have a full blown app for that ? I am getting a list of about 30 different downloads that mention lync or "skype for business". Is that the same ???

Albert

Sunday, October 14, 2018 9:35 AM
  • I have the same problem! Have you solved this problem already?

h.p.b

Monday, November 5, 2018 2:01 PM
  • Any solutions to this problem as yet?

I am trying to install the plug in and it does not seem to be working

Monday, November 5, 2018 7:14 PM
  • I also have the same problem

Monday, November 12, 2018 11:08 AM
  • I have the same issue....any solutions?
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 11:14 PM