SharePoint Administration Toolkit x86 v4 - error activating 'Permission Reporting Tool' feature RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone,

Following this TechNet article - everything is good until I try to activate the PermissoinReporting feature. I get this error:

"Failed to find the XML file at location '12\Template\Features\PermissionReporting.wsp\feature.xml'"

One odd thing is when I check under the Features folder on the servers I'm seeing there is a folder named 'PermissionReporting' NOT 'PermissionReporting.wsp'. I even tried changing the name of folder but that not helping. Anyone has an idea what's going on?

I don't see anything from the logs. From Solution Management page I'm seeing PermissionReporting.wsp deployed globally. This is a 2 server farm (1 wfe and 1 app sever) both has Windows 2003 SP2 32bit. For SharePoint I've August 2010 CU applied.

Appreciate any suggestion.

Many thanks!

BlueSky2010
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 6:57 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In the activate command are you using PermissoinReporting or PermissioReporting.wsp after -name?

You need to take the first one not the second one.

Also try using -filename flag as well.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by BlueSky2010 Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:28 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:17 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In the activate command are you using PermissoinReporting or PermissioReporting.wsp after -name?

You need to take the first one not the second one.

Also try using -filename flag as well.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu
    • Marked as answer by BlueSky2010 Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:28 PM
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:17 PM
  • Good catch Rahul - I was missing that. Thank you!
    BlueSky2010
    Thursday, September 22, 2011 7:28 PM