PowerShell DSC - Turning off all Proxy Settings (xProxySettings Resource) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am trying to turn off all Proxy Settings in Internet Settings in my Configuration Script. no "Automatically Detect Settings", just turn everything off. i want to achieve the following condition:

Im using xProxySettings Resource from xNetworking version 5.7.0.0.

This is how it is configured in my configuration script:

xProxySettings DisableProxyAutoDetectSettings
            {
                IsSingleInstance = "Yes"
                Ensure = "Present"
                EnableAutoDetection     = $false
                EnableAutoConfiguration = $false
                EnableManualProxy       = $false
            }

"Automatically Detect Settings" is still checked... drives my nuts. I could configure a Registry Resource or use a Script Resource, but i dont want to go that way yet.

Have u got any experience with this?

Thanks ahead :)

• Edited by NachumElla Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:17 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2019 4:15 PM

All replies

• Proxy  settings are per user.  The setting only effects new profiles.  Also Group Policy will override this.  In a corporate network that has a proxy this may be enforced and you will not be able to change it.  Also the machine settings can be overridden by the user if set up correctly.

\_(ツ)_/

• Edited by jrv Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:15 PM
    Sunday, March 10, 2019 5:15 PM
  • I ran the configuration, created a new local user and settings were still on.

I have also looked it up and there are no proxy settings being applied through group policy.

Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:21 PM
  • The config will only change the machine settings.  It cannot change an individual user's settings.  Outside of GP the users settings override the machine settings.

Try the following command:

netsh winhttp show proxy

This displays the machine proxy which is the  one you are setting.

Actually you are setting the global registry setting that is used when a new profile is created.  Individual settings are set in the users hive per user.

\_(ツ)_/

Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:26 PM
  • Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:33 PM
  • Sunday, March 10, 2019 9:35 PM
  • Hi,

Was your issue resolved?

If you resolved it using our solution, please "mark it as answer" to help other community members find the helpful reply quickly.

If you resolve it using your own solution, please share your experience and solution here. It will be very beneficial for other community members who have similar questions.

If no, please reply and tell us the current situation in order to provide further help.

Best Regards,

Lee

Just do it.

Sunday, March 31, 2019 1:15 PM