Unsigned driver install on Windows 10 anniversary problem. RRS feed

• Question

• After installation of Anniversary edition my unsigned driver can no longer be installed (i do it by boot menu where you disable driver signing requirement), i need it for my screen color profiling device xrite dtp94b. It worked well on Win10 before upgrading to anniversary ed.

Now it gives me bluescreen SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED every time i try to install them. In windbg there is this error: Unable to verify timestamp for XrUsb64.sys

Is there another way to install that drivers? Can i somehow cheat windows into thinking drivers are signed? Thanks.

Tuesday, August 9, 2016 12:05 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

As Microsoft states, Starting with new installations of Windows 10, version 1607, the previously defined driver signing rules will be enforced by the Operating System, and Windows 10, version 1607 will not load any new kernel mode drivers which are not signed by the Dev Portal. 

For more information, please check this blog:

https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/windows_hardware_certification/2016/07/26/driver-signing-changes-in-windows-10-version-1607/

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, August 10, 2016 8:41 AM
  • Hi, 
    Since there is no response from you, we considered that you have gotten what you want in previous post. 
    For further question, please don't hesitate to come back here and let's discuss again. 

Please remember to mark the replies as an answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, August 16, 2016 10:17 AM