none
"Application has generated an exception" POSReady 2009 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a WDS in mixed-mode and an image of POSReady 2009 in flat format.

My computer boot and launch the WinPE. When the setup.exe command start i always have this message :

Common Language Runtime Debugging Services
    Application has generated an exception that could not be handled. Process id=0x6a8 (1704), Thread id=0x6ac (1708).

Thanks.

• Edited by Benoit Patin Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:53 PM
    • Edited by Florin Ciuca Monday, December 5, 2011 10:28 AM edit
    • Moved by Florin Ciuca Monday, December 5, 2011 10:29 AM (From:Windows Vista)
    Thursday, December 1, 2011 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Benoit,

POSReady 2009 setup uses a special version of WinPE that has .NET Framework.  If you are using the standard WDS version of WinPE then the POSReady 2009 setup will definitely fail.  I suggest that you take a look at our Window Embedded POSReady 2009 Deployment Guide found here for instructions on how to deploy this platform through WDS.

http%3A%2F%2Ftechnet.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Flibrary%2Fdd936220.aspx&urltarget=_top&q=posready%20deployment%20guide&qs=n&sk=&sc=1-25&form=QBLH&ssIG=e4f79771f7fc41188995fec07cf3a403

Terry Warwick
    Microsoft

Tuesday, December 6, 2011 3:38 PM
  • Hi Terry,

And thank for your answer.

I don't really know which version of WinPE i'm using. All i know is that i have 2 WDS servers. On one of them i can deploy my POSReady master without problem but on the other i always have issues. Both run in mixed mode and have almost same configuration. How do i know which version of WinPE is used ?

I always read the POSReady 2009 Deployment guide many times but no help.
    I have created unattended.xml, driverinstall.xml, copy all i386 files and folder, create a templates folder and a sif file with everything (OsLoadOptions = "/noguiboot /fastdetect /minint" - ImageType =WINPE - ...)

Thanks.

Benoit

Wednesday, December 7, 2011 4:05 PM
  • Benoit,

If you are deploying a master image as opposed to running setup, the version of WinPE will not matter.  It is unclear which is the case here.  If you are running setup then you have one of two issues on the WDS system that is experiencing the problem.

1. Wrong or corrupt WinPE. Replace with POSReady 2009 WinPE.

2. Corrupt POSReady source files.  Replace with binaries from POSReady 2009 media.

Terry Warwick, Microsoft

Thursday, December 8, 2011 5:14 AM
  • Terry,

My bad, i'm running setup, not WIM image.
    I'll try to replace source files but i'm doubtfully.

Benoit

Thursday, December 8, 2011 7:41 AM