Word 365 - 1802 - Page Number Highlighting in Header RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone reproduce this potential bug?  I'm noticing a strange issue with Word 365 (Version 1802) where my user will put a page number inside of a header and apply highlighting to it. Regardless of what color she chooses, the highlight is always black. This only appears to be happening inside headers and only to page numbers.  I can highlight page numbers within the body of the document without any issues.

Thanks!

Thursday, March 15, 2018 7:39 PM

All replies

• Hi Jeradw,

Thanks for your feedback. I followed your steps and tested in my Word 2016 with version 1802, the issue can be reproduced. Using version 1708, there is no issue. Maybe this issue occurred in recent updates.

I suggest you can also directly submit a feedback to Word product Team via the following method:

• From your Office 2016 app, click File > Feedback.
    • Word UserVoice (The place to offer suggestions for the next version)
    • Word Answers (The place to ask questions or leave comments about current versions)

Thanks again for your post.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Friday, March 16, 2018 7:45 AM