Copy App-V Content Between Servers RRS feed

• Question

• Greeting,

I have couple of microsoft Remote desktop servers with App-V client. (say 5 servers)

for whatever reason, is it possible that I cache all the packages on serverA, then use copy (xcopy, robocopy...) command to copy all the content (c:\programdata\app-v\....) to another 4 servers? I know copy is ok, the point is will it make some issues?

Thanks

userausera

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:30 AM

Answers

All replies

• Why you want to copy at first instance? Any particular reason? If you are copying it to other servers what is the use or outcome from it?

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

app2pack.blogspot.com: app2pack.blogspot.com

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 4:09 AM
  • Are looking to fasten the launch of shortcut by copying the content in the cache? If that's the case then you can use the PoSH Get-appvclientpackage -all | Mount-appvclientpackage. 

Posted AS IS with No Warranties. Mark as Answer if this answers your question, It will help other community members.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 7:26 AM
  • Thanks for ask,

we build the first RDS and cache all the packages

Get-appvclientpackage -all | Mount-appvclientpackage.

then we cloned the machine to another 4 RDS server.

we found for some reason, on another 4 cloned server, we have to clean every thing first. then

Get-appvclientpackage -all | Mount-appvclientpackage

again, to get the all the packages. other wise may get the error say:

the applicaiton failed to launch.

this maybe due to a newwork failure

error code: 0x3E501405-00090001

is something wrong

thanks

userausera

• Edited by userausera Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:14 PM
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:13 PM
  • thanks
    Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:24 PM
  • Since you have cleaned due to some reason , the path to the .appv container file has got corrupted in the client.Hope this helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2783096

(Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 1:58 PM
  • Have you enabled SCS?

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:01 PM
  • https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/91b0069f-19fe-415c-81ec-0f88f368c6ca/appv5-sp3-first-launch-or-two-of-an-application-fails-with-error-0x3e5014050x90001?forum=mdopappv

I see that the issue is been addressed and it's in consideration by Microsoft. Steve has confirmed it. So we have to wait for any HF in coming days.

Wednesday, October 21, 2015 2:04 PM
  • any way (registry key) to check that (SCS enable or not)
    • Edited by userausera Friday, October 23, 2015 5:24 PM
    Friday, October 23, 2015 5:15 PM

• (Please click on "Vote as Helpful" and/or "Mark as Answer", if it has helped you.)

Friday, October 23, 2015 5:35 PM
  • yes, it is 0x00000001, I think it is Enabled
    Friday, October 23, 2015 5:55 PM