Word 2007: Table fails to repeat header rows. RRS feed

• Question

• For some unknown reason, the option "Repeat Header Rows" option fails to work on my boss's table.  The indicator is active.  The property's checkbox is on.  The three rows I designated as header are not repeated.

I was only able to solve this by moving the data to Excel (requiring reformatting of  cell widths and heights) and then pasting the table to a new Word document.   The new table works as expected.  However, due to the size of the table, this is a half-hour process. 

I do not know how many tables my boss has left to do. 

If this is a software flaw, please fix.  If I'm overlooking some simple step, please let me know.

Attempts that did not solve the problem include turning the "Repeat Header Rows" off and on, copying the table into a new Word document (directly from the old document), inserting a new page (only created a new header on that particular new page).

Friday, January 25, 2013 9:47 PM

Answers

• How did you designate the three rows as a header?

Here, at the top of the first page of the table, I select the rows I want to repeat, then go to the Layout tab under Tabe Tools, and click Repeat Header Rows.

I only ask/say that because of the confusing existence of the "Header Row" checkbox under the Design tab of the Table Tools - that's to do with row formatting, not row repetition.

Peter Jamieson

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, February 4, 2013 7:40 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 10:16 PM

All replies

• How did you designate the three rows as a header?

Here, at the top of the first page of the table, I select the rows I want to repeat, then go to the Layout tab under Tabe Tools, and click Repeat Header Rows.

I only ask/say that because of the confusing existence of the "Header Row" checkbox under the Design tab of the Table Tools - that's to do with row formatting, not row repetition.

Peter Jamieson

• Marked as answer by Max Meng Monday, February 4, 2013 7:40 AM
    Friday, January 25, 2013 10:16 PM
  • Page Breaks can also separate the table's continuity. Remove the page breaks and let the table flow over to the next page. The Repeating column headers should then become available.
    Wednesday, December 4, 2013 3:07 AM