none
Outlook anywhere unable to send attachments

Question

• Hi

We have Exchange 2010 in place and use outlook anywhere.

Sending emails with small attachments (<250KB) is working.
    Sending bigger attachments (>1mb) is not working. Using cache mode, the email hangs in outbox. Without cache mode, the email windows freezes for about 20 seconds. Then I get the this warning message at the right bottom "We can't complete this because we can't contact the server right now. Please try again later"

Sending the same attachment using owa works, as well as if the user has a vpn tunnel in place.

Any suggestions?

Regards
    Peter

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 8:19 AM

Answers

• My first thought is that you have a network limitation that is causing this, such as a misconfigured firewall.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."
    Celebrating 20 years of providing Exchange peer support!

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:53 PM
  • My first thought is that you have a network limitation that is causing this, such as a misconfigured firewall.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

yea, that smells like a router or firewall issue. Definitely network/ TCP window issue

Run this from an elevated prompt on a workstation having issues and reboot:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

then see if things look better

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00 PM

All replies

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 12:53 PM

yea, that smells like a router or firewall issue. Definitely network/ TCP window issue

Run this from an elevated prompt on a workstation having issues and reboot:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

then see if things look better

Blog:    Twitter:   

Wednesday, April 20, 2016 1:00 PM
  • Thanks Ed

I'm going to harass the firewall guys.
    Keep you updated.

Regards
    Peter

Friday, April 22, 2016 11:40 AM
  • It's always fun to harass the firewall guys.

Friday, April 22, 2016 2:49 PM