none
Routing and Remote Access Config Disappeared?

Question

• Hi, we recently had an issue at work and I have to quickly prevent all staff from using the VPN on there Laptops, so I quickly logged onto the relevant server, opened up Routing and Remote Access, right clicked and selected All Tasks then Stop. This did the trick and I left it for a week. I came back to the server this morning to enable it and the config has now gone and it wants me to configure it again!!?? Is this normal?? It had taken me along time to configure this, does anyone know where this config file is kept on the server so I can restore it from a backup? Thanks in advance
    Monday, March 13, 2017 2:45 PM

Answers

• That's expected if you disable and re-enable RRAS. To back up the current configuration, you could use netsh routing dump command

hth
    Marcin

• Marked as answer by MT_itsupport Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:08 PM
    Monday, March 13, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Cheers I used netsh routing dump > c:\routingcfg.dmp
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:08 PM

All replies

• That's expected if you disable and re-enable RRAS. To back up the current configuration, you could use netsh routing dump command

hth
    Marcin

Monday, March 13, 2017 2:55 PM
  • Thanks. So there's no folder location where the config is kept like when you create the dun file on the Windows Client end?
    Monday, March 13, 2017 2:57 PM
  • It's not a file system based config. You would need to run the netsh command to create a backup

hth
    Marcin

Monday, March 13, 2017 4:45 PM
  • Thanks for your help, where wold this dump all the info? Can I get it to dump to a text file?
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 4:29 PM
  • You specify the file location and name when running netsh. You can use it afterwards to restore the configuration

hth
    Marcin

Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:00 PM
  • Cheers I used netsh routing dump > c:\routingcfg.dmp
    Wednesday, March 15, 2017 5:08 PM