none
Office 365 Semi-Annual deployment error 0X426A(17002) RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dears,

I tried to change my office 365 application to be Semi-Annual channel rather than Monthly 

1- create a new two application packages (X86 , X64) using office 365 pro plus 1908.msi

2- deploy  them 

3- monitor their compliance 

in X64 deployment there are 45 device with error 0X426A(17002)

in X86 deployment there are 5 device with error 0X426A(17002)

I have tried the below solutions but none of them worked

- force shutdown value in xml is True 

- repair office client   

I appreciate your help very much

Thank you

Monday, April 13, 2020 2:06 PM

Answers

• Thank you Larry

My question wasn't about managing Office updates or moving from a newer version to an old one

I have an environment of various Office 365 versions, So I wanna standardize the version by creating a new deployment package for Office 365 least version and semi annual channel and then deploy it

the majority of devices raise this error 0X426A(17002)

Finaly I found that this error appear because those devices can't remove the old version of Office 365 due to rejestry curraption 

Solution is run these two command in .bat file

Setup.exe /configure Remove.xml

Setup.exe /configure Configuration.xml

Remove.xml contain the following:

<Configuration>
    <Remove All="TRUE">
    </Remove>
    <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE"/>
    <Logging Path="C:\temp\O365"/>
    </Configuration>

If any one want to automate this solution, you can create a package folder include the following files:

1- Office package downloaded

2- Configration.xml

3- Remove.xml

4-Setup.exe

5-Command.bat (that contain the above two commends)

reffere to Command.bat as installation command in SCCM package

• Edited by Heba57 Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heba57 Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:31 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:21 PM

All replies

• Hi,

If you use Configuration Manger to manage updates, moving from a channel with a newer version of Office to a channel with an older version of Office is not supported. For example, you can't use Configuration Manager to move a device from Monthly Channel to Semi-Annual Channel.
    For more details, see:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/deployoffice/change-update-channels#change-the-update-channel-with-configuration-manager

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:50 AM
  • Hi,

If you manage updates for Office 365 ProPlus with Configuration Manager, you change the update channel using Group Policy or the Office Deployment Tool, as described above. When doing so, the process is the same, except for the following considerations:

1. If you use the ODT, you can package the ODT to deliver the configuration file using your standard approach for deploying and managing software with Configuration Manager.
    2. Make sure that the build from the new channel is available to the device through the Software Update Point in Configuration Manager.
    3. After the Office Automatic Update 2.0 task runs and updates the assigned channel, the new build is installed the next time the Configuration Manager client runs a Software Updates Deployment Evaluation Cycle.

Best regards,
    Larry

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, April 14, 2020 1:56 AM
  • Hi,

How are things going? I just checked in to see if there are any updates. Please feel free to feedback and if the above reply is helpful, please kindly click “Mark as answer”. It would make the reply to the top and easier to be found for other people who has the similar question.

If there is any other assistance we can provide, please feel free to let us know, we will do our best to help you.

Thank you!

Best regards,
    Larry

Friday, April 17, 2020 7:38 AM
  • Thank you Larry

My question wasn't about managing Office updates or moving from a newer version to an old one

I have an environment of various Office 365 versions, So I wanna standardize the version by creating a new deployment package for Office 365 least version and semi annual channel and then deploy it

the majority of devices raise this error 0X426A(17002)

Finaly I found that this error appear because those devices can't remove the old version of Office 365 due to rejestry curraption 

Solution is run these two command in .bat file

Setup.exe /configure Remove.xml

Setup.exe /configure Configuration.xml

Remove.xml contain the following:

<Configuration>
    <Remove All="TRUE">
    </Remove>
    <Display Level="None" AcceptEULA="TRUE"/>
    <Logging Path="C:\temp\O365"/>
    </Configuration>

If any one want to automate this solution, you can create a package folder include the following files:

1- Office package downloaded

2- Configration.xml

3- Remove.xml

4-Setup.exe

5-Command.bat (that contain the above two commends)

reffere to Command.bat as installation command in SCCM package

• Edited by Heba57 Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:23 PM
    • Marked as answer by Heba57 Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:31 PM
    Sunday, May 31, 2020 6:21 PM