Exchagne Connector 3.0 taking acceptance not so easy RRS feed

• Question

•  

With Exchange connector 3.0 we are able take approval from Email using the <href="mail to:"> which opens a new email for which clicking the send button is must.

However Customer does not like the approach and recommends that non technical users would not be comfortable a lot with it.

It should be a single click on the first email, which should as well send the email.

Is there a workaround to that to simplify taking the consent of the user ? Some HTML script or so ?

Shahid Roofi

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 7:20 AM

Answers

•  Well this could in reality be achieved without using any active code. I think something similar should have been part of Exchange Connector 3.0 solution.

I've developed a simple asp.net site, which uses System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient library to send the email instead

From the outlook email, instead of mailto: tag I am using a link hef="portalsite?username&approved&workitemID

And that sends the decision automatically to the SCSM email account without User having learning to any complexity increasing the chances that non technical users might not be able to send their approvals.

Shahid Roofi

• Marked as answer by Shahid Roofi Monday, August 12, 2013 10:50 AM
    • Edited by Shahid Roofi Monday, August 12, 2013 10:51 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 10:46 AM

All replies

• You really want some active code in an email that is executed automatically by clicking on a hyperlink?

I would call it a "security issue". In my opinion it's a better solution to teach the user "how to click on the Send button"

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Tuesday, July 30, 2013 8:33 AM
  •   Any update ?.

I agree with the customer on this. The freshly opened email with Tags might left unsent.

It should be possible to take the approval on a single click.

Shahid Roofi

Monday, August 5, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Are you using the portal? Then you could just send the reviewer to the portal for approve / deny. I agree with Andreas that it would be a security risk to have some active code in email template. We've made an Outlook addon that creates 2 buttons to create Incidents/service requests via email, so something similar could probably be done with an Approve/deny RA button, but of course this is a rather big workaround instead of teaching your users : )
    Monday, August 5, 2013 11:44 AM
  •  Well this could in reality be achieved without using any active code. I think something similar should have been part of Exchange Connector 3.0 solution.

I've developed a simple asp.net site, which uses System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient library to send the email instead

From the outlook email, instead of mailto: tag I am using a link hef="portalsite?username&approved&workitemID

And that sends the decision automatically to the SCSM email account without User having learning to any complexity increasing the chances that non technical users might not be able to send their approvals.

Shahid Roofi

• Marked as answer by Shahid Roofi Monday, August 12, 2013 10:50 AM
    • Edited by Shahid Roofi Monday, August 12, 2013 10:51 AM
    Monday, August 12, 2013 10:46 AM