Exchange 2013 Public Folder Calendars in OWA RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I have a Public Folder calendar that I need to publish via OWA in Exchange 2013.  I understand that you cannot view any public folder that is not mail enabled in OWA.  If I make this specific calendar mail enabled will I be able to view the calendar in OWA?  I think I still have to convert this to a shared mailbox.  If that is the case, what are the best steps to perform that?

Friday, April 18, 2014 8:07 PM

Answers

• Only mail-item-type public folders are viewable in OWA at this time.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

• Proposed as answer by Ed CrowleyMVP Monday, April 21, 2014 5:54 AM
    • Marked as answer by Hinte Monday, April 21, 2014 5:59 PM
    Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:02 AM
  • The only way I know of to do that is to open the public folder in Outlook, add the shared mailbox to the profile, and change the public folder mailbox's view to List, and then drag and drop all the items into the shared mailbox's calendar.  I'm not sure how that will preserve invitations and resources, however.

Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems."

Monday, April 21, 2014 5:47 PM

All replies

• Only mail-item-type public folders are viewable in OWA at this time.

• Proposed as answer by Ed CrowleyMVP Monday, April 21, 2014 5:54 AM
    Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:02 AM
  • Hi,

Yes I agree with Ed Crowley. In Exchange 2013 Cumulative Update 1, Microsoft have allowed to display public folders. However, two major restrictions exist. First, OWA can only display modern public folders. In other words, you have to complete your migration to Exchange 2013 and then execute a public folder migration before OWA can be used. No access is possible to legacy public folders. Second, OWA can only display “mail public folders”, or public folders that contain “mail and post items” (as they are referred to by Outlook). Other folders (calendars, contacts, tasks, notes, InfoPath, and journal items) are unsupported.

Regards,

Santhosh,

www.jijitechnologies.com

Saturday, April 19, 2014 4:10 AM
  • Thanks Ed.  That is what I figured :(.  So I guess my best option would be to convert the public folder to a shared mailbox with a calendar?

Do you by have an easy process I can follow?

Monday, April 21, 2014 12:43 PM
  • The only way I know of to do that is to open the public folder in Outlook, add the shared mailbox to the profile, and change the public folder mailbox's view to List, and then drag and drop all the items into the shared mailbox's calendar.  I'm not sure how that will preserve invitations and resources, however.

Monday, April 21, 2014 5:47 PM
  • I was hoping there was a quick nifty way to do it in the via powershell in the EMS :( but oh well.

Thanks.

Monday, April 21, 2014 5:59 PM