none
Font suddenly got big RRS feed

• Question

• I accidentally deleted previous thread on this (see "aside" at end)

It is repeatable. I closed Excel and when through this sequence. Between screenshots 3 & 4 I had opened the advanced editor. Look to right side of image to see big font in Workbook Queries panel.

2nd&3rd images will be in a followup comment.

aside:

If I can only upload 2 images, why does the forum allow me to attach >2 images? When I delete a message, why does it delete the whole thread?

Friday, May 16, 2014 2:21 PM

Answers

All replies

• 2nd & 3rd images

Friday, May 16, 2014 2:22 PM
  • Basically what you're seeing is the zoom level changing. It's just like IE (because it is IE under the covers.) [CTRL][SHIFT][PLUS] and [CTRL][SHIFT][MINUS] will increase and decrease the zoom for the Power Query portions of the product. [CTRL][0] will reset to 100% zoom. We had blocked this for a while but we got feedback that this was needed for accessibility, especially on higher dpi machines.

If you're seeing the zoom level changing without input from you then we should dig into this.
    Monday, May 19, 2014 8:01 PM
  • Why does it only occur after I display the advanced editor? And the it goes back to normal when I restart Excel.  
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 12:46 AM
  • Could you please post the exact steps you take to see this behavior? Sounds like a bug and it would be helpful if we could repro it on our end.
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:17 AM
  • Hi Ben,

I opened  the query editor, then opened the advanced editor. I did not make any changes. When I dismiss the advanced editor, some of the fonts in the query editor are bigger. And when I exit the query editor, the fonts in the "workbook queries" panel are bigger.

Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:25 AM
  • Ok, thanks. I'll file a bug for this and we'll investigate. Hopefully pressing Ctrl-0 is an ok workaround for now.
    Thursday, May 22, 2014 3:27 AM