How to enable mic in RD session RRS feed

• Question

• I am using my pc remotely on Android tablet using RD client app. The issue is I am not able to use mic on RD session, kindly guide me how to enable mic.
    Thursday, July 23, 2020 4:14 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You can change the audio related configurations from “Sound” under “Show additional options”.

Sound -- selects the device your remote session uses for audio. You can choose to play sound on your local device, the remote device, or not at all.

For more information, please refer to below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/remote/remote-desktop-services/clients/remote-desktop-android#manage-your-user-accounts

If above information could not resolve your problem. We will need to check from your remote desktop.

1. Check the group policy setting on the remote PC.

Local Computer Policy->Computer Configuration->Administrative Templates->Windows Components->Remote  Desktop Session Host->Device and Resource Redirection

Please check if below policies have been disabled to prevent the audio redirection.
     Allow audio and video playback redirection 
             Allow audio recording redirection

2. Check Audio inputs and outputs. If it shows as below, there should be no problem.

Computer management->Device Manager->Audio inputs and outputs

This "Windows 10 General" Forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A, please refer to this sticky post for more details. 

Thanks,

Eleven

"Windows 10 General" forum will be migrating to a new home on Microsoft Q&A!

We invite you to post new questions in the "Windows 10 General"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

For more information, please refer to the sticky post.
    • Edited by Elevenyh Friday, July 24, 2020 6:18 AM
    • Proposed as answer by Elevenyh Wednesday, August 5, 2020 3:21 AM
    Friday, July 24, 2020 6:17 AM
  • Hi,

Have you checked if the provided information helps?

Please let us know if more assistance is required.

Thanks,

Eleven

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 27, 2020 6:30 AM
  • Hi,

Since there is no update from you for sometime, may I follow if your issue has been resolved?

If no more assistance is required, could you please help to mark our reply as answer?

Thanks,

Eleven

If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, July 30, 2020 9:14 AM
  • Hi,

Please be informed that we have moved this thread to "Windows 10 General"  forum's new home on Microsoft Q&A!

You could follow up using below link.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/answers/questions/61591/how-to-enable-mic-in-rd-session.html?childToView=61507#answer-61507

Thanks,

Eleven

Friday, August 7, 2020 6:53 AM