Mouse won't work after Vista installed RRS feed

• Question

• I installed Windows Vista on my computer over Windows XP pro. After it installed and rebooted my mouse quit working. I am using a Logitech cordless optical mouse. I tried using a basic mouse and it still won't work. I check the control panel and it is listed there and it says it is working properly. But, the mouse just sits in the middle of the screen and won't do anything. How can I fix this? Can I uninstall Vista and take it back to XP pro and maybe try to reinstall? Any help will be aprecited.
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006 3:16 AM

All replies

• I had the same issue with my PS2 mouse.  I couldn't get anything to work.  I also tried 2 different USB mice.  Well finally I am on my 3rd mouse(a kensington laptop with short range) and it worked.  I luckly had a use extender so I could set the wireless part right next to my mouse and it worked.  I assume the just don't have the drivers tested for all mice but the funny part is one of the ones that didn't work was a microsoft mouse and you would think those would be the first to setup drivers for.

I would say just keep trying different mice and hopefully that works for you.

Wednesday, June 21, 2006 1:29 PM
  • I had the same problem.  My mouse was plugged into the serial port.  I moved it to the USB port and it worked great.
    Wednesday, June 21, 2006 2:31 PM
  • Same thing here

Did an upgrade from XP-Pro to Vista Unlimited

After upgrade, my Logitech USB wireless mouse no longer worked. I plugged a PS2 mouse in and no luck either. Keyboard works fine, no mouse.

I went and bought a new Vista compatible Microsoft Wireless USB mouse. No good - when I attempt to install the drivers, it complains the Logitech I touch series is still installed. It tries to uninstall it and fails saying this is not compatible.

I am sure this is the problem. I went into the Software control window (add/change/delete) and try to delete the Logitech software. It fails with the error Software is not compatible with your system, The installer will now close

Any ideas on how to override this and remove this software. I am sure this is why the mouse is failing

Sunday, November 26, 2006 5:56 PM
  • does that 'add new hardware' icon in the task bar show up?
    Sunday, November 26, 2006 6:46 PM
  • No - I do not
    Sunday, November 26, 2006 7:29 PM
  •  

Dan and I are in the same boat. Surely someone has a solution to this mouse issue besides going out and buying a bunch of wireless mice?

Tuesday, February 6, 2007 12:52 PM
  • I'm having the same problem also...

Everything was working fine on my kvm switch... And than I tried to install a kensington wireless keyboard + mouse.. Now either one (mouse + keyborad) and wireless or wired aren't working...

My windows wiill boot ok the screen saver comes up... etc... And My mouse and the keyboard still no signal...

Somebody now what's going on with this problem....

Wednesday, February 21, 2007 4:23 AM
  • Same here.  Upgraded to Vista Ultimate from XP Pro.  Logitech Elite Duo: mouse no response (while driver shown in Device Manager as normal) and keyboard works fine.  Replace with wired ps/2 mouse and restart and no mouse resonse either.

Thursday, July 26, 2007 6:12 PM
  •  

only thing I could do after the event is format the computer...

I know it sucks.... But this is windows!!!

ps. I still in love with windows.... Even it sucks....

Monday, July 30, 2007 10:46 PM