SSRS - Overlapping of two sub reports. RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I am creating a report where I am pasting two sub reports on a report. To fulfill the report requirements I have to overlap these two sub reports as you can see in the below image. From image you can see on  main report I want to show column from Yellow sub report then Red sub report and other columns from Yellow sub report. 

Output of this report, SSRS prints Yellow report then Red report, I mean I am not getting overlapped sub reports. I have read SSRS does not support overlapping, if it's true please suggest some workaround.

Regards,

Faisal Iqbal

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 9:56 AM

Answers

• Hi Faisal,

In Reporting Services, overlapping report items are not supported in HTML, MHTML, Word, Excel, in Preview, or the Report Viewer. If overlapping items exist, they are moved. But overlapping is report items are supported in hard page-break formats, including print. Please refer to this article: Overlapping Report Items.

In your scenario, you can render the report in hard-page break format( eg: PDF ) to support overlapping items. You can set the visibility for yellow subreports columns which will be overlapped by red subreport as hidden, then adjust those two subreports location.

If you want to run the report with expected results when previewing the report, you need to split the yellow subreport to two subreports, then place those two subreports with the red subreport side by side within the main report.

If you have any question, please feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Qiuyun Yu

Qiuyun Yu
    TechNet Community Support

Wednesday, January 27, 2016 3:22 AM