Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit Java DLL issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, 

I have a computer that had Java 6.25 on it(person who owned it did not update), and whenever the computer starts up this error message pops up:

Regsvr32

The specified module could not be found.

C:\users\username\appdata\local\Javasoft\dixsjwxw.dll

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check fore problems with the binary or dependent .dll files.

I have updated Java to the latest version, ran McAfee Stinger, CCleaner, Kaspersky AV, Malwarebytes and nothing has come up.  I've looked up the dixsjwxw.dll, and have found no hits on google.  I don't know if it's actually causing any issues, but I can't get it to go away.  The .dll is also not in that location. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:50 PM

Answers

• Hi,

As you said, we couldn't find any information about this Dll file. Since you have install these Anti-virus softwares, so it is probably not caused by infected. May be caused by the damaged of Java package.

Please try the method below for test.

Run this fixit

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9779673

Restart the PC and let us know if java still shows up in add or remove programs.

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:18 AM

All replies

• Hello, 

I have a computer that had Java 6.25 on it(person who owned it did not update), and whenever the computer starts up this error message pops up:

Regsvr32

The specified module could not be found.

C:\users\username\appdata\local\Javasoft\dixsjwxw.dll

Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check fore problems with the binary or dependent .dll files.

I have updated Java to the latest version, ran McAfee Stinger, CCleaner, Kaspersky AV, Malwarebytes and nothing has come up.  I've looked up the dixsjwxw.dll, and have found no hits on google.  I don't know if it's actually causing any issues, but I can't get it to go away.  The .dll is also not in that location. 

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

• Merged by ZigZag3143x Sunday, July 21, 2013 2:20 AM dupe thread
    Saturday, July 20, 2013 11:51 PM
  • Hi,

As you said, we couldn't find any information about this Dll file. Since you have install these Anti-virus softwares, so it is probably not caused by infected. May be caused by the damaged of Java package.

Please try the method below for test.

Run this fixit

http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9779673

Restart the PC and let us know if java still shows up in add or remove programs.

Monday, July 22, 2013 11:18 AM