none
ECMA 2.0 Call Based Imports and Exports RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Everyone,

I am working on develoving a call based ECMA for our FIM environment to communicate with our Emergency Alert Notification System. However I am having trouble finding sample code or documentation around the Call Based functionality of ECMA when using an API. I found this link but it deals with connecting to a SQL DB. Would anyone be willing to share some sample code around Call Based/API ECMAs?

Friday, June 5, 2015 2:39 PM

All replies

• What is the interface you are importing/exporting to?
    Monday, June 8, 2015 3:25 PM
  • It's a Json based API.

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:15 PM
  • So are you dealing with the JSON file itself or does the API have .NET functionality?

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 7:40 PM
  • Hi,

Basically, what you have to do in your MA is to "translate" the create / modify / delete calls you receive from FIM into something understandable by your external system.

Starting from the SQL example, you should just replace the SQL commands with a proper API call, e.g. an "INSERT INTO THINGY..." would become something like proxy.CreateThingy(...)

What is exactly your problem?

Paolo Tedesco - http://cern.ch/idm

Wednesday, June 10, 2015 3:45 PM
  • I think I finally got the code figured out but I get an error when trying to create the run profiles.

"Value of '50' is not valid for 'Value'. 'Value' should be between 'Minimum' and 'Maximum'. Parameter name: Value."

I made a few tweaks to my code and now I can create run profiles however when I try to run them I get an error "no-start-ma".

Thursday, June 11, 2015 12:59 PM
  • Hi,

Can you please help me understand the Json based API connector in FIM 2010.

Regards,
    Manuj Khurana

Monday, June 20, 2016 12:06 PM
  • Hi,

How did you fixed this no-start ma error?

Regards,

Gnana

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 11:52 AM
  • Hi,

Please start a new thread for this.

But a "no-start-ma" usually means that there is a fatal Exception in the Event Log.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:24 PM