none
Group Membership Membership Time Based RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings, 

Could you please let me know if FIM can be used to manage the user group membership based on a set time. 

What is wish to accomplish is that, I wanted a user to be part of a respective group for couple of hours or days, and then it must get removed from the group without any user intervention. If this is not possible through FIM, are there any other better tools or scrips which I can use.

NB: we are not on Windows 2016 AD

Many Thanks,

Rajesh

Monday, January 29, 2018 10:55 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Yes, it's possible. Either using MIMWAL Delay WF directly, or via the Sync engine.

Br,

Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

Tuesday, January 30, 2018 12:54 PM
  • Loe, Thank you for your response. Could you please explain a little more ?

Thank you.

Rajesh

Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:17 PM
  • Hi Rjaesh,

Sure. Use the MIMWAL Delay Workflow Activity, in combination with e.g. the Powershell activity.

https://github.com/Microsoft/MIMWAL/wiki/Add-Delay-Activity

1. Add user to group using MIMWAL

2. Delay MIMWAL

3. Remove user from group using MIMWAL

You could also do this using dates on the users and Set Transitions (could force you to turn up the frequency on the Set Correction SQL Jobs though), or using the Sync Engine.

Br,
    Leo

Did my post help? Please use "Vote As Helpful", "Mark as answer" or "Propose as answer". Thank you!

• Proposed as answer by Leo Erlandsson Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:03 AM
    Wednesday, February 7, 2018 8:03 AM
  • Thank you Leo, this is new to me :). let me try to explore from the link you provided me. I hope this cannot be enabled on the existing security group that are in AD ?.

Cheers,

Raj

Thursday, February 8, 2018 2:55 AM