Synchronization log error / Modification Resolution RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

One of my users get a few of these Synchronization Log error as well as Modification Resolution a week. Seems like it just happened recently. Maybe in past month or so. I'm not seeing these with any other users or no one has reported up to now. We are using Exchange 2016 (Version 15.1 - Build 225.42)

I can copy the message, but is there anywhere look at first to get an understanding about these errors or any suggestions to help narrow these down. 

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Jim 

James Carabello

Monday, October 23, 2017 8:56 PM

All replies

• Hi Jim,

It is a "sync issues" error message when you send an email message by using Outlook with Cached Exchange Mode enabled. It occurs shortly afterward, when an error is logged in the Sync Issues folder.

You can consider to create a new Outlook Profile to create new OST file for cached Exchange mode to have a try.

Additionally, you can work around this issue by stopping the Modification Resolution logs, which provide a description of the actions that Outlook took during a conflict situation. To stop the Modification Resolution logs, configure a registry key as described in the following table, and set the value to 0 (14.0 is for Outlook 2010):

Key

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\Microsoft\Office\14.0\Outlook\Options

DWORD

EnableConflictLogging

Values

0 = Never save Modification Resolution logs

1 = Always save Modification Resolution logs

2 = Save Modification Resolution logs when a "critical conflict" occurs

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, October 24, 2017 9:09 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried the suggetsion above?

If it is helpful, please remember to mark it as answer to close the thread. It will help other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread.

Best Regards,

Winnie Liang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, October 30, 2017 10:35 AM
  • Sorry, this has been answered but I do not see how to Mark as Answer?
    Monday, October 30, 2017 12:58 PM
  • Sorry, this has been answered but I do not see how to Mark as Answer?

Thanks for coming back. Are you Jim?

If the issue has been answered, please log in the thread with your original account (James Carabello) which asked this answer to mark it. There will be an option for "Mark as answer".

Thanks for your action.

Best Regards,
    Winnie Liang

Tuesday, October 31, 2017 2:08 AM