Issue in Site Export and Import for checked-out documents RRS feed

• Question

• I am exporting and importing a site using PowerShell and CA UI but it fails to collect items which are NOT checked-in at least once.

Is there any workaround / resolution to this where these items are considered for export and import and will appear as it is in source.

Thanks in advance.

nitin patil

Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:57 AM

Answers

• Hi,

I understand that after you export and import a site to another location, some checked out items are missing.  I have a test based on your description, the documents that are checked out are still there after imported the site to another location. What the account you are using to do the export and import? Does the account have enough permission check in the items that are checked out by other people? Does the documents have a checked in version?

You can go to a  library and choose Library Settings> Manage checked out files. If there are any documents show up, you need to take ownership of these files and check them in. Then try the export and import action again. You can try with site administration account.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by nitin y patil Friday, November 30, 2012 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:15 AM

All replies

• Hi,

I understand that after you export and import a site to another location, some checked out items are missing.  I have a test based on your description, the documents that are checked out are still there after imported the site to another location. What the account you are using to do the export and import? Does the account have enough permission check in the items that are checked out by other people? Does the documents have a checked in version?

You can go to a  library and choose Library Settings> Manage checked out files. If there are any documents show up, you need to take ownership of these files and check them in. Then try the export and import action again. You can try with site administration account.

Thanks,

Entan Ming

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contacttnmff@microsoft.com.

Entan Ming
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by nitin y patil Friday, November 30, 2012 12:01 PM
    Wednesday, November 28, 2012 8:15 AM
  • Thanks ..it works for me.

Is it possible to export and import it without taking ownership?

nitin patil

Friday, November 30, 2012 12:02 PM