Can I disable recycle bin on a specific list? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I wonder if it is possible to disable recycle bin on a specific list.

I know I can change recycle bin settings at the site collection level. I need to disable it a list level, so if any item is deleted it completely wipes out.

Thank you

Tuesday, April 17, 2012 2:56 PM

Answers

• Hi Allan,

Not possible out of the box to disable it at that level I'm afraid.  With some custom work, you can probably create a workflow or timerjob to periodically empty the contents of the recycle bin seperately.

Paul Turner http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
    Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Edited by Paul Turner _ Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:10 AM spelling
    • Marked as answer by Allan48 Sunday, April 22, 2012 2:41 PM
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

No you can not do that.

Its being configured at web application level in central admin level.

However for your scenario I would suggest you to create a scheduled job that will remove the items of this list from recycle bin.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:37 AM

All replies

• Hi Allan,

Not possible out of the box to disable it at that level I'm afraid.  With some custom work, you can probably create a workflow or timerjob to periodically empty the contents of the recycle bin seperately.

Paul Turner http://redmanta.co.uk/blog Twitter: @RedMantaUK MCTS:WSS,MOSS,2010 MCITP:2010.
    Please remember to click "Propose As Answer" if a post solves your problem or "Vote As Helpful" if it was useful.

• Edited by Paul Turner _ Wednesday, April 18, 2012 7:10 AM spelling
    Tuesday, April 17, 2012 4:27 PM
  • Hi,

No you can not do that.

Its being configured at web application level in central admin level.

However for your scenario I would suggest you to create a scheduled job that will remove the items of this list from recycle bin.

I hope this will help you out.

Thanks, Rahul Rashu

Wednesday, April 18, 2012 1:37 AM