none
i have deleted some projects from PWA 2013 ,but they still exist in project center knowing that the queue is empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hello Dears,

i have deleted some projects from PWA 2013 ,but they still exist in project center knowing that the queue is empty

Please Advise

Regards,

• Edited by Ramitto Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:17 AM
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:16 AM

Answers

• Hi Ramitto,

How did you delete the projects?

In the server settings, delete enterprise objects, be sure to select draft and publish projects. When you check "only published" projects, can you see the given projects?

Hope this helps,

Guillaume Rouyre, MBA, MVP, P-Seller |

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:29 AM

All replies

• Hi Ramitto,

To find out the issue, could you include the column 'Success' in the Manage Queue page under Server Setting/PWA Settings? What status do you see for the projects you have deleted?

Also, are you able to see the projects under 'Delete Enterprise Objects' page (Under Server Settings)?

What steps have you followed to delete the Projects?

Here is the TechNet article which explains the steps to delete the projects in Project Server 2013.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg702650.aspx

Hope this helps you.

Badal Ratra MCTS

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:27 AM
  • Hi Ramitto,

How did you delete the projects?

In the server settings, delete enterprise objects, be sure to select draft and publish projects. When you check "only published" projects, can you see the given projects?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:29 AM
  • I already did :S
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:34 AM
  • Dear Badal,

Please note that the list of projects which are deleted is empty 

this was my way :) server settings-->delete enterprise objects-->Projects-->Delete draft and published projects ,Delete the connected SharePoint sites.

Thank you for reply

Thursday, May 21, 2015 10:56 AM
  • Hi Ramitto,

What do you mean by that the list of projects which are deleted is empty?

Did you mean you cannot see those deleted projects under the Delete Enterprise Objects page?

What was the Queue jobs status for deleted projects after including the Status column?

Badal Ratra MCTS

Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:01 AM
  • Have you tried refreshing IE cache by pressing CTRL F5? Or trying with another browser?

Hope this helps,

Thursday, May 21, 2015 11:08 AM
  • the deleted projects disappeared from (delete enterprise object) that's what i meant , in addition when i click on one of the deleted projects from project center i get the following error

sorry,something went wrong 

Regards,

Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:25 PM
  • of course bro
    Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:26 PM
  • Hi Ramitto,

OK. Do you see the correlation ID when you get the error message as 'something went wrong'? Check the ULS log based on the correlation ID? 

What is the Queue jobs status for the deleted projects after including the 'Status' column?

In case you don't find the detailed error information in the queue job status, the next steps is to include the correlation ID column and based on that correlation ID of the Queue job and time, you need to check the ULS log to further investigate the issue.

Also, could you perform a simple test, create a new project and try to reproduce the issue and confirm if you can delete the project successfully?

Badal Ratra MCTS

Thursday, May 21, 2015 12:39 PM
  • Ramitto,

Can you restart the project queue and event service and then check for deleted projects in project center.

Regards,

Sudhir

Thursday, May 21, 2015 6:46 PM
  • Hi Ramitto,

I would suggest checking if you have any corrupted assignments first

https://epmxperts.wordpress.com/2011/01/23/find-corrupt-assignments/

(I know the query refers to the 2010 version but you can updated a little bit for the 2013 version)

If you have any corrupted assignments, try to delete them (change the query from select to delete) and then you can try again to delete the project.

Hope this helps

Paul

Friday, May 22, 2015 8:18 AM
  • Finally found the strange solution :)

if you didn't find the projects in (Delete draft and published projects) you will definitely find it in the other options , in my case i found the projects in (Delete only published projects

Thanks for your replies

Wednesday, May 27, 2015 7:25 AM