Regarding debugging DMP files. What *specifically* is modclass.ini, triage.ini and oca.ini? RRS feed

• Question

• Whenever I am debugging dmp files, I always find references to "triager could not open triage file"... modclass.ini, triage.ini, or oca.ini.

Try as I might, I have never found online references describing specifically what role each of these ini's plays in the debugging process, when/how they are used and invoked, and example files showing their content.

I have found some information regarding triage.ini; that it is used to exclude drivers causing potentially false diagnosis, but that is about it

Would like to know if there are any expert debuggers that can fill me in on the details and perhaps point me to additional reference material (online or off) that goes into the nitty gritty of how and when these are used.

Thanks in advance

• Edited by Pmcmullen Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:25 PM
    Wednesday, October 17, 2012 4:19 PM

All replies

• Hi,

I suggest download a new version of Debugger tool in the website: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/hardware/gg463009.aspx

If you do not want an entire kit (WDK or SDK), you can install the Debugging Tools as a standalone component from the Windows SDK.
    To install just debugging tools: In the SDK installation wizard, select Debugging Tools, and clear other components that you don’t want. Note that .NET Framework 4.0 also will be installed.

After installing the new version of Debugger, please check if the issue persists.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, October 18, 2012 12:48 PM
  • Hi,

Just want to say hi and see how everything is going.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

Thursday, November 22, 2012 1:58 AM
  • I am getting the exact same thing so I installed the latest Debugger, as suggested, and it did not resolve the issue.  Any other suggestions?

Friday, November 30, 2012 7:03 PM