Empty search result in query on SMPortal SCSM 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

We have on SCSM Portal about 20 published Request Offerings. Some of them have problem to display query result on portal in the form of creating request. This happens from time to time. We can't find the reason and any dependencies. But this is real problem because if it happens - user can't create request because can't select anything in empty fields. When I open first time new request form It thinks too much time and after show no results. Log is clear for any specific errors which could have any relationship to this problem.

Could you help in the question what can be the reason of this? Example is on the screenshot. And I'm sure that result of the query result should not empty the same query work normally in another Request Offering at the same time.

Thank you

Thursday, October 11, 2012 12:24 PM

All replies

• Did you find a solution for your problem ? We have the same thing .
    Thursday, June 6, 2013 12:43 PM
  • It has something to do with rights in service manager. Add the custom created user role to the read-only Operators group and test again.
    Monday, October 21, 2013 10:16 AM
  • I started to have a similar issue (just doesn't take too long) after upgrading to SCSM 2012 R2. None of my existing forms show any data from Query Results fields. Actually existing Request offers will still show the prompt but won't have any values and new ROs won't even show the prompt.

I can't seem to find any error messages anywhere. I'm using an admin user to test, so, rights shouldn't be an issue.

Ideas?

JF

MCITP, MCSE, MCTS

Wednesday, October 30, 2013 4:24 PM
  • Hi Jose.

Are these fields specifically for CIs (e.g. computers etc)?  If so, the user logging the request might not have access to view the CIs in question.  What you can do is create a new group in Service Manager, add the CIs to this group and then grant access to the group to a user role.  I have come across this before and in my case worked a treat.

HTH

Cheers

Shaun

Friday, November 1, 2013 6:44 AM
  • Had the same problem querying the advanced user class, and the manages user property. Looked like it was trying to get to much data from that specific class, and in the end it just timed out. Found this solution http://shaunlaughton.wordpress.com/2014/01/10/working-with-managers-and-direct-reports-within-service-manager-2012-service-requests/ , and it is working perfect. If this is a user specific query I believe you can use the same management pack.
    Wednesday, February 26, 2014 8:58 AM
  • Hi Dmytro

You say that only some of you Request Offerings are having this issue, from time to time. Those types of issues are the worst don't you think? If I where you I would start With recreating at least one of the troublesome Request Offerings from scratch. And make sure that the template and Request Offering goes into a new Management Pack. If this request offering turns out to be healthy afterwards then you do the same to the rest of them.

Might also be interesting to know how many Computer CI you have in the CMDB.

Sunday, March 2, 2014 7:21 PM