Blank screen when connecting to ATA Console second time RRS feed

• Question

• After install I am able to get to the configuration screen once. Any other connections from will simply have a blank screen sitting doing nothing. This also occurs if I close the first IE window after installation. Any ideas? I have made sure to have all the windows updates and preq KB's installed on the machine

This is a Server 2012R2 machine. I have two IP's assigned to it and I am using self signed certs since I was trying to test out ATA before going into production.

• Edited by Hunterprime Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:36 PM Added details
    Thursday, January 14, 2016 10:28 PM

All replies

• Hi Hunterprime,

did you checked:

- IIS config

- a reinstall

- certificates

- to open the webinterface on all IP addresses?

Can you post the error messages? You can find it here: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics\Center\Logs\Microsoft.Tri.Center-Errors.log

Regards

Friday, January 15, 2016 7:46 AM
  • So I did a clean install and I can now open the console on the server its self but on any remote machines ASP crashes with this error. Any thoughts? I installed all the preqs

Event code: 3005

Event message: An unhandled exception has occurred.

Event time: 1/21/2016 1:54:41 PM

Event time (UTC): 1/21/2016 9:54:41 PM

Event ID: 5dd5921e64fd4680a09229a373892788

Event sequence: 46

Event occurrence: 4

Event detail code: 0

Application information:

Application domain: /LM/W3SVC/2/ROOT-1-130978866892601628

Trust level: Full

Application Virtual Path: /

Application Path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Advanced Threat Analytics\Center\Management\

Machine name: SAWATAC01

Process information:

Process ID: 1332

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Exception information:

Exception type: HttpException

Exception message: Server cannot append header after HTTP headers have been sent.

at System.Web.HttpResponse.AppendHeader(String name, String value)

at System.Web.HttpResponseWrapper.AppendHeader(String name, String value)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.CallHeaders.AspNetResponseHeaders.Append(String key, String[] value, Int32 offset)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.CallHeaders.AspNetResponseHeaders.Add(String key, String[] value)

at Microsoft.Owin.HeaderDictionary.Add(String key, String[] value)

at Microsoft.Tri.Management.Api.Service.Startup.<<Configuration>b__3_0>d.MoveNext()

--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContextStage.<RunApp>d__5.MoveNext()

at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

at Microsoft.Owin.Security.Infrastructure.AuthenticationMiddleware`1.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContextStage.<RunApp>d__5.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.<DoFinalWork>d__2.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.StageAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult ar)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.EndFinalWork(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Request information:

Request URL: https://10.11.112.110:443/login

Request path: /login

User host address: 10.11.112.122

User: 

Is authenticated: False

Authentication Type: 

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Thread information:

Thread ID: 9

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM

Is impersonating: False

Stack trace:    at System.Web.HttpResponse.AppendHeader(String name, String value)

at System.Web.HttpResponseWrapper.AppendHeader(String name, String value)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.CallHeaders.AspNetResponseHeaders.Append(String key, String[] value, Int32 offset)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.CallHeaders.AspNetResponseHeaders.Add(String key, String[] value)

at Microsoft.Owin.HeaderDictionary.Add(String key, String[] value)

at Microsoft.Tri.Management.Api.Service.Startup.<<Configuration>b__3_0>d.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Security.Infrastructure.AuthenticationMiddleware`1.<Invoke>d__0.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.<DoFinalWork>d__2.MoveNext()

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.StageAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult ar)

at Microsoft.Owin.Host.SystemWeb.IntegratedPipeline.IntegratedPipelineContext.EndFinalWork(IAsyncResult ar)

at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()

at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Custom event details:

Thursday, January 21, 2016 10:04 PM
  • Hi,

which .NET is installed?

Is the IIS console installed? If yes, check the AppPools.

Regards

Monday, January 25, 2016 8:04 AM
  • dotnet 4.6 with all updates is installed.

I am not sure what you mean to check the app pools. This was a clean install that did not have IIS installed before installing ATA Console. All the app pools and webconfigs are the stock ones that it configures.

Tuesday, February 2, 2016 11:07 PM
  • Anyone have any thoughts? This is completely blocking my ability to evaluate ATA for my company.
    Wednesday, February 24, 2016 9:03 PM
  • I had some new issues regarding ATA Website.

I installed a new setup and also reinstalled is and for some reasons the "RewriteModule" from IIS was broken.

If you are try to go into IIS > Sites > Microsoft ATA Console

Is there a "URL Rewrite" present in the IIS section? If yes click on that to try if its working. If not you have to reinstall this module.

Regards

Thursday, February 25, 2016 7:27 AM
  • I had a similar issue when setting up the software. 

Two things that I think might contribute, which helped me.. 

- Have you got silverlight installed?

- Do you have the IE enhanced security enabled ?

I think it's ultimately the latter (IESC), once I'd checked these two, console appeared !

Hope that helps anyone looking at this at a later time.

Friday, June 3, 2016 8:25 AM