Notifications based on working hours (shift) RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

This may be a really silly question, I could just be missing something. I am trying to create notifications for the same queue (the unassigned queue) that goes to different people based on their shift. For example, one person works from 8-4, another from 4-12, and another from 12-8. Is there a way to set these up to go to each of these people just during their specific works hours?

Thanks for your help in advance!

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 12:52 AM

Answers

• This will require a custom Notification workflow to be created the out of the box subscriptions does not take work hours in to account like SCOM.

You can utilize powershell and Orchestrator or Service Management Automation to build this workflow.

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by BF512 Friday, January 3, 2014 9:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:56 AM

All replies

• This will require a custom Notification workflow to be created the out of the box subscriptions does not take work hours in to account like SCOM.

You can utilize powershell and Orchestrator or Service Management Automation to build this workflow.

• Proposed as answer by Andreas BaumgartenMVP Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:18 PM
    • Marked as answer by BF512 Friday, January 3, 2014 9:22 PM
    Wednesday, December 11, 2013 5:56 AM
  • In addition to Rob.

There is a great notification solution available for System Center: Derdack Enterprise Alert

Andreas Baumgarten | H&D International Group

Wednesday, December 11, 2013 2:20 PM
  • Thank you so much, this is what I was looking for.
    Friday, January 3, 2014 9:22 PM