WIFI LIMITED ! ! ! RRS feed

• Question

• Hey , at the first i want to excuse my english :)  ok as a topic say i have problem with wifi connection. if i downloading or playing games the wifi works good BUT when i start to watch youtube after few mins my wifi switch from internet access to LIMITED also every day at 20:05 to 20:07 im unnable to watch youtube....and i wanto to ensure u we have home group of 3 PCs and its happend to me every day and doesnt metter if my housemates r home or imalone .after few forums and videos i tried to uncheck box in power managment (wifi config) which says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" also i tried in "change PC settings" to turn ON download over metered connections....i dont know what to do next.....if it happend i tried to go to some speedmeter web and everything was ok but in task manager on wifi showing me the range to max of 100kbps.....please help me ASAP ! thanks :)
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 5:03 PM

Answers

• Ask/hire someone more knowledgeable or place your problem in answers.microsoft.com forum. For "answers" give more information on the problem history (what did you before it started), reveal content of Event logs (errors and warnings), dig deeper with network monitor (Wireshark will do the job for you) and double check your router and other computers.

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Monday, March 24, 2014 5:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:54 PM

All replies

• Ask/hire someone more knowledgeable or place your problem in answers.microsoft.com forum. For "answers" give more information on the problem history (what did you before it started), reveal content of Event logs (errors and warnings), dig deeper with network monitor (Wireshark will do the job for you) and double check your router and other computers.

Regards

Milos

• Marked as answer by kelvin_hsu Monday, March 24, 2014 5:53 AM
    Tuesday, March 11, 2014 9:54 PM
  • POSSIBLE FIX FOUND........................
     Windows 8.1 Loses Internet Connectivity

Look at this page

http://adamralph.com/2014/01/24/continuously-losing-internet-connectivity-in-windows-8-1/

The fix may be as simple as running

netsh winsock reset

and reboot.
    Wednesday, August 20, 2014 6:58 PM