OfficeDictionary RRS feed

• Question

• I downloaded the free trial of Office 2010 Professional.  The spell check would not correct any mis-spellings in Word or Outlook.  I deleted XP from my computer and tried again.  No luck.  I removed the Office 2010 trial and re-downloaded- still no luck.

Under outlook options/mail/spelling- always check spelling before mailing is checked.  When spelling and auto correct is selected, suggest from main dictionary only is checked.  If I select the custom dictionary button, and select new, I have an option for custom and exclude dictionary EN0409-

I can't seem to locate the dictionary in my office programs.  Same is true for Word- grammar is corrected or noted wrong- but it will not fix any spelling errors, even if I manually request a spell check in outlook or word.

Help!!!!!!

Tuesday, June 29, 2010 5:37 PM

Answers

All replies

• See http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MasterSpellCheck.htm

-- Hope this helps.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP,
    dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Posted via the Community Bridge

"Jenny_Lee" wrote in message news:1d061be6-e0b8-4450-b763-3556fd7e8f82@communitybridge.codeplex.com...

I downloaded the free trial of Office 2010 Professional.  The spell check would not correct any mis-spellings in Word or Outlook.  I deleted XP from my computer and tried again.  No luck.  I removed the Office 2010 trial and re-downloaded-  still no luck.

Under outlook options/mail/spelling- always check spelling before mailing is checked.  When spelling and auto correct is selected, suggest from main dictionary only is checked.  If I select the custom dictionary button, and select new, I have an option for custom and exclude dictionary EN0409-

I can't seem to locate the dictionary in my office programs.  Same is true for Word- grammar is corrected or noted wrong- but it will not fix any spelling errors, even if I manually request a spell check in outlook or word.

Help!!!!!!

Doug Robbins - Word MVP dkr[atsymbol]mvps[dot]org
    Tuesday, June 29, 2010 10:07 PM
  • If you will install the Office, do not customize it, just install it completely. And when you check the spelling and grammar in ms word.It will work without any problem.
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 10:00 AM
  • I started word in safe mode- as you had intructed someone else in other  post.  NOW spell check works in word- how do I fix this so that I do not have to start word in safe mode each time?
    Wednesday, June 30, 2010 8:48 PM
  • Hi Jenny,

If it works fine in safe mode, maybe this issue is caused by some add-ins. You can disable add-ins in office 2010 to have a try.

how to disable outlook 2010 add-ins: http://www.msoutlook.info/question/88

Thursday, July 1, 2010 1:19 AM