none
Outbound sync of attributes not working RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to update a couple of attributes in a SQL table I use.
    Importing data from a simple HR table works fine (emplid, firstname, lastname, address) using a declarative import sync rule. After running the FIM MA the records show up in FIM portal. I then update the address which I can see being updated in the MV.

Now I want to flow that updated address back into the SQL table. I have setup an outbound sync rule to update the SQL table using 2 attributes, emplid and address. Emplid is also used in the relationship criteria and is set as initial flow only). However when I run the FIM and SQL MA's, the outbound sync rule shows "not applied" for the attributes. It shows the old address in "initial value" but final value is empty.

If I remove the declarative rule and create a classic attribute flow by just exporting the "address" attribute it works.

FYI other outbound sync rules work (e.g. to AD).
    • Edited by JOTdude Tuesday, December 2, 2014 3:02 AM
    Tuesday, December 2, 2014 2:38 AM

Answers

• Fixed it. Added a workflow and MPR to the process and now the portal updates are passed back onto SQL.

Thanks
    M.

• Marked as answer by JOTdude Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:00 AM

All replies

• Hi JOTdude,

As you have inbound and outbound Synch Rule, what is a precedence of "address" attribute in Metaverse (you can check it in Metaverse designer view).

Moreover please check if emplid in your agent is marked as an anchor attribute.

Please refer to this topic for more information:

Provisioning objects to a SQL data source that is authoritative for the anchor value

If you found my post helpful, please give it a Helpful vote. If it answered your question, remember to mark it as an Answer.

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 7:07 AM
  • Hello,

which type of outbound sync rule do you use. If it is NOT based on the outbound scope filter but the one using Sets/Workflows/MPRs then you need to bring the object to the scope of the outbound sync rule by creating EREs with a set/workflow/mpr combination.

If thats not the problem, Keep in mind that the relationship criteria is also checked on outbound sync rules, so this must match in order to get the the sync rules "applied". But when you Change emplid like in your Scenario this is not the case.

Regards
    Peter

Peter Stapf - ExpertCircle GmbH - My blog: JustIDM.wordpress.com

Tuesday, December 2, 2014 12:12 PM
  • Fixed it. Added a workflow and MPR to the process and now the portal updates are passed back onto SQL.

Thanks
    M.

• Marked as answer by JOTdude Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:00 AM
    Wednesday, December 3, 2014 3:00 AM