none
wmi error attaching to dpm client RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I having issues connecting to a a server (in fact its making me lose the will to use this product!!) that has windows 2003 installed.  My setup is as follows

1) A windows 2008 forest/domain and windows 2003 forest/domain

2) A two way trust IS enabled and working between the two and the forest levels are at ther maximum.

3) I have disabled the firewall on the 2008 and no firewall is running on the 2003 server

4) The client was installed locally using the DPMagent.... Server.fqdn. The local dpm groups on the 2003 server have the dpm server as they should 

5) Using DPM 2010

Every time i try an connect to the server i get the following error:Error 346: DPM is unable to retrieve the configuration information from server.domain.com.au.  Recommended action: Ensure that the Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) service is started. If the firewall is turned on, on server.domain.com.au make sure that an exception for WMI is created.

i am trying to us the wbemtest utility to connect to the server but everytime i do remoteserver\root\cimv2 i get an invalid namespace error!

I am using my domain admin account in the target domain to push/attach the agent.

Any help on this would be great, i am beginning to loath the application :-)

Thanks

phill
    Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:10 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello,

Please try to connect to WMI on the local machine - root\cimv2. If this works, then we concentrate on network part. If it does not, then there is a WMI problem, on the specific machine. There must be some events generated on the machine wrt WMI.

Regards, Rajeev Narshana [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights
    Wednesday, August 4, 2010 5:57 PM
  • You are trying to connect to "remoteserver\root\cimv2" as your namespace. You need to use \\remoteserver\root\cimv2 to test this. Don't leave out the leading double backslashes.

Steve L [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Thursday, August 5, 2010 7:44 PM