none
Strange Outlook Send-As Permission Despite Sending As myself RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I have an outlook 2010/Exchange 2010/Windows 8 issue. Everything has been working fine for a few months and yesterday I set up a new outlook profile for another account in my domain. I set it up, then deleted it shortly afterwards. When I opened Outlook in my original profile I began to have an issue with sending emails. I get a NDR telling me "You can't send a message on behalf of this user unless you have permission to do so". I am trying to send a message as myself - nothing clever or special, I just cannot send an email as myself! 

My outlook at home works fine, OWA still works.

I have done the usual, Deleted the Outlook folders from Local and Roaming, and set up my profile from scratch still to no avail. I have even deleted various Outlook registry entries but no joy. Even reinstalled outlook and having no success.

I can set up a new profile to my exchange account on a different windows account on my computer that works however. 

I suspect there is some old offline address book entry that defines my Active Directory/Exchange profile that is cached locally on my computer, but I cannot find where it could be. It is not in Local or Roaming.

We do have various group policy settings that could have some kind of impact, but I cannot find anything.

Please any suggestions would be great!?

Thanks

Monday, July 22, 2013 4:44 PM

Answers

• Hi monthty12,

This issue revolves around corrupted entries in the offline address book.

To resolve it, delete the offline address book and allow Outlook to recreate it:

1. Close Outlook;
    2. Delete the offline Address Book folder, it can be found under C:\users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books;
    3. Open Outlook and it will download a fresh copy of the Offline Address Book from Exchange

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Proposed as answer by Tschaba01 Monday, July 29, 2013 8:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Friday, August 2, 2013 9:28 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:45 AM

All replies

• Hi monthty12,

This issue revolves around corrupted entries in the offline address book.

To resolve it, delete the offline address book and allow Outlook to recreate it:

1. Close Outlook;
    2. Delete the offline Address Book folder, it can be found under C:\users\{username}\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Offline Address Books;
    3. Open Outlook and it will download a fresh copy of the Offline Address Book from Exchange

Best regards,

Karen Hu

• Proposed as answer by Tschaba01 Monday, July 29, 2013 8:54 PM
    • Marked as answer by Tony Chen CHN Friday, August 2, 2013 9:28 AM
    Thursday, July 25, 2013 6:45 AM
  • Furthermore, you should delete the profiles from the control panel-->mail

On the other hand, maybe if you re-install the image :)

regards,

csaba

Monday, July 29, 2013 8:54 PM