none
Sync Rule String Replace Causes Export-change-not-reimported errors FIM Service RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I'm trying to import long string data pipe delimited into an attribute in MIMService (I could change at source to semicolon if need be). I can display this correctly by replacing "|" with CRLF() function at sync rule, but then each sync and confirming import introduces Export-change-not-reimported errors and I'm not sure how to clear these warnings. 

Can MIMWAL help this if I remove the string change at SR and do something like below? I haven't tried but trying to save time if this isn't something that would work to help me display these long strings by adding CRLF at the delimiter. Thx

ReplaceString([//Target/Facilities],"|","CRLF()")

Friday, April 24, 2020 4:54 PM

All replies

• I was able to correct this error by removing the sync rule function that added the CRLF(), by creating a Set, Work Flow, MPR. The Workflow uses MIMWAL Update Resource Activity, however the above ReplaceString causes errors: 

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary. at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException() at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key) at etc...

This below syntax worked, but I had to test is many times because it's not documented anywhere;

ReplaceString([//Target/Facility]," | ",""+CRLF()+"") -> [//Target/FacilityView]

Also, the target Facility is a single valued non-indexed string (very long) that goes to a multi-valued non-indexed string, and the RCDC displays these great now using UocCommonMultiValueControl. Hope this helps someone in the future. Been spending long hours trying to figure this one out. 

Thursday, May 7, 2020 3:26 PM
  • You seems to have misunderstood the cause of your errors. Your original problem seems to be stemming from the fact that you were using "CRLF()" - which is a string than CRLF() which is a function call.  Addtionally, the error KeyNotFoundException suggest that you had a typo in the attribute name  Facilities vs Facility. So once both are corrected, your original sync rule or MIMWAL based implementation should work against the same expression.
    Wednesday, May 20, 2020 5:53 AM
    Owner