Internet Explorer window opens too low on screen. RRS feed

• Question

• Suddenly my Internet Explorer is opening too low on the screen--I'm running Windows 7.  How do I get it to open full-screen/flush at the top as it did before?

Saturday, June 23, 2012 3:46 PM

Answers

• Hi ,

1. You can grab the corners of the window and drag it to the screen size which you want.  Do not use Maximize.  Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size of window on last exit. 

2. Right click IE shortcut and select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose “Maximized”.

Hope they help.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, June 29, 2012 9:04 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 7:31 AM

All replies

• This is long-winded and there are probably quicker/shorter methods, but it’s the way I have always done it. Open Internet Explorer, now open another instance of Internet Explorer (not a Tab) so that you have two running at the same time.

In the second one, right-click a link and select Open Link in New Window. Make this window the size you want by dragging the edges out to the sides/top of the screen. Do not use the Maximize button.

Close the first window by selecting File > Exit (you may have to press Alt if the File option is missing). Now close the window you just made (the third one) but close it by holding down the Ctrl key and selecting File > Exit. Do not release the Ctrl key until the window is closed. Finally, close the remaining window.

Saturday, June 23, 2012 5:52 PM
  • Hi ,

1. You can grab the corners of the window and drag it to the screen size which you want.  Do not use Maximize.  Close all other windows first via the Taskbar and this one last. Windows will remember the size of window on last exit. 

2. Right click IE shortcut and select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose “Maximized”.

Hope they help.

Tracy Cai

TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Sabrina Shen Friday, June 29, 2012 9:04 AM
    Monday, June 25, 2012 7:31 AM