runtime error after merging partitions.. win 7 logs in to temporary profile RRS feed

• Question

• hello

moments a go i merged my main C partition with another volume to increase space on my C drive, to do this i used acronis

after restart i got a BSOD, couldnt read it since it disappeared imidiately

after the bsode i restarted and got the following error message

runtime error

program I:\windows\system32\nvvsc.exe

AS YOU CAN SEE from the error my maind drive has been renamed from c to i but thats not the problem

how do i fixe this issue and log on to my original profile,, bare in mind i cant access MY Computer or Control pannel i laso tried to use system restore but it wouldnt let me use it since it says the path is not recognised

Friday, December 10, 2010 2:39 PM

Answers

• This issue should be caused by Acronis. It may be not compatible and damage the drive. You can try to un-do the changes. If it does not help, run System Restore.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:47 AM

All replies

• bump
    Friday, December 10, 2010 8:44 PM
  • This issue should be caused by Acronis. It may be not compatible and damage the drive. You can try to un-do the changes. If it does not help, run System Restore.
    Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. ”
    • Marked as answer by Arthur Xie Wednesday, December 15, 2010 6:18 AM
    Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:47 AM