none
How to Access Remote USB Smartcard during RDP(not use scard to RDP the remote server) RRS feed

• Question

• [My set up]

RDP Client (Win7) ------------------RDP------------------------> Remote Server (Win2016) with SmartCard(plug one card)

when I directly login win 2016 without via RDP, I can use the smart card to see the one card

But when I use Win7 to login win 2016 via RDP, I can't see any smart card

by the way, I have been set the RDP option / direction setting/ local devices and resources / smartcards / off

I want to use my Client (Win7) to connect Remote Server (Win2016) via RDP 

and I must plug the one card in Server (Win2016)

How can I do?? Thanks everyone and any comment.

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 10:34 AM

All replies

• HI
    "I want to use my Client (Win7) to connect Remote Server (Win2016) via RDP
    and I must plug the one card in Server (Win2016)"
    1 in general ,smart card is used for domain users to authenticate their identity, so each domain user will have one smart card.so smart card need to be connected to win7(client side) then redirect to remote session for each session. when you connect usb smart card in local server 2016,the user from local session can see it but the user from remote session can not see it.This behavior is by design.
    2 did you installed session host role on w2016 ?

"But when I use Win7 to login win 2016 via RDP, I can't see any smart card"
    3 do you mean you can not smart card in device management on w2016?
      do you mean there is unknow smart card in device management like picture ?
    4 if you disable NLA on w2016,will the user can remote access w2016 and see the sarmt card ?
    5 if you enter mstsc /admin in command prompt(open as admin)then remote access w2016 ,will you see the smart card ?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:31 AM
  • HI
    Is there any progress on your question?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 20, 2019 1:27 AM
  • HI
    Is there anything to help you?

Best Regards
    Andy YOU

Saturday, November 30, 2019 5:17 AM