App-v 4.51 "Error 339" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

Guys  I have this two issues.
    1)  My Sequencer is a "VM Window 7" on Server 2008. I test the Packages on three clients. An XP , Regular Window 7, and a VM Window 7. I have sequenced a 2005 PhyzWhiz II "Brain and Cranial "  S/W which works with Quicktime 4x . I was getting "Error 339" during the "launch" phase of the sequencing. After manually registering the "COMDLG32.OCX" , I was able to launch the S/W on the "XP" client, but still throws same error on the both Window 7 and VM Window 7.

2) Anyone Packaged Career Scope 7.0 or 8.0 ?

It sequences fairly easy, but will not launch from any client, well not only that , the rootfolder and installed app gets corrupted after I attempt to launch from the client.  !!!! :(     .
    I need hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhelp

Fallstuff
    Monday, October 5, 2009 7:28 PM

Answers

• I'm not going to be of much help here - but the idea of sequencing on WIndows 7 to deploy on older OS's just jumps out at me and screams STOP RIGHT HERE!!!!!  You should always sequence on the "oldest" (by MS release date) OS that you plan to deploy on.  This doesn't explain your issues, but more likely means that you need to read the best practices guides on sequencing.
    • Proposed as answer by znack Monday, October 19, 2009 8:59 PM
    • Marked as answer by Aaron.ParkerModerator Wednesday, July 13, 2011 12:15 PM
    Monday, October 5, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Hi,

May I suggest that you sequence this application on XP machine (which obviously has the correct COMDLG32.OCX -file in it) and after monitoring has finished, on the wizard screen prompting to map additional files, you browse and include COMDLG32.OCX file from whereever it is (System32 most likely). This way the application will see that exact version of the file on the target machine, especially if you have done manual registering of said version during installation phase.

This might get it working in Windows 7 clients, but I promise nothing as it's clearly a matter of conflict between App and OS, something that application virtualization is generally not designed to handle. There could be other similiar file dependencies besides this one OCX..

br,
    Kalle
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:17 AM

All replies

• I'm not going to be of much help here - but the idea of sequencing on WIndows 7 to deploy on older OS's just jumps out at me and screams STOP RIGHT HERE!!!!!  You should always sequence on the "oldest" (by MS release date) OS that you plan to deploy on.  This doesn't explain your issues, but more likely means that you need to read the best practices guides on sequencing.
    Monday, October 5, 2009 10:22 PM
  • Tim

Thanks for the Input.  I am Virtualizing Applications for a college given the challanged economy . So far been able to package about 70 or so apps. The college is actually going Windows 7 in a few months. So the 'XP sequencer" wasn't really a factor. But I created the "XP Client" and also an standalone "XP sequencer" to try to isolate issues. I did sequence it on the "XP Sequencer", but still throws error when launched from Win 7 or VM Win 7. I propbably have to drop this "OCX" issue.

Career Scope 7.0 or 8.0 I am not sure if its a licensing issue,  the license maybe tied to th PC Mac ID  

Tuesday, October 6, 2009 3:09 PM
  • Hi,

May I suggest that you sequence this application on XP machine (which obviously has the correct COMDLG32.OCX -file in it) and after monitoring has finished, on the wizard screen prompting to map additional files, you browse and include COMDLG32.OCX file from whereever it is (System32 most likely). This way the application will see that exact version of the file on the target machine, especially if you have done manual registering of said version during installation phase.

This might get it working in Windows 7 clients, but I promise nothing as it's clearly a matter of conflict between App and OS, something that application virtualization is generally not designed to handle. There could be other similiar file dependencies besides this one OCX..

br,
    Kalle
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 8:17 AM
  • Kalle,

That sounds like a great idea.  I will try that.

Fallstuff
    Wednesday, October 7, 2009 1:32 PM
  • Fallstuff,

Did it help in or solved your problem?

/Kalle
    Wednesday, October 14, 2009 8:51 AM
  • Hi Kalle

Thanks for asking. I havent had a chance to get back to my "Error 339" issues. Got swamped with more application to sequence. I am working for a college and the school has hundreads of applications !! I have solved the careerscope issue. Do not launch the app at any point untill after you are done sequencing. :)

And as for my "Error 339" issues, It will probably be a couple of more weeks before I can to it

Fallstuff
    Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:04 PM
  • Kalle

I just tried the installatoion on the "XP Sequencer" . and then point the "OCX" in the VFS, and worked just great !!! Thanks so much

Imon
    Friday, October 23, 2009 8:51 PM