none
Which PC settings from your Microsoft account do you want to sync with your domain account?

Question

• Hi,

Apologies in advance if this is not the right area. I was directed here by a Support Engineer in the Microsoft Community forum. If this is not the right place, please let me know the best place to post this question.

The question presented on domain PCs after clicking 'Settings  > Change PC Settings > Accounts > Connect to a Microsoft account' is:

Which PC settings from your Microsoft account do you want to sync with your domain account?

The options are:

Start Screen

Appearance

Desktop personalization

Apps (list of apps you've installed)

Passwords (apps, websites, and networks)

App Data

Language Preferences

Ease of Access

Other Windows Settings

Web browser (open tabs, history, and favorites)

What I'm looking for is more information about all these options. For example, what is synced with a domain account when the 'App Data' or 'Other Windows Settings' boxes are checked? Those are very vague descriptions, and I'm trying to figure out what exactly is synced when these options are selected.

Thanks!

Friday, December 11, 2015 7:44 PM

Answers

• Hi,

Based on my research and test, the settings and preferences can be synced between them. When you check "App Settings", the settings in your app can be synced. The exact synced settings just depend on the app which you used.

When you check "Other Windows Settings", it will sync other Windows settings which depend on the user but not the computer.

Wish you have a nice day.

Best Regards

Simon

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 14, 2015 7:06 AM