MAP Wmi = FailedDueToAccessDenied RRS feed

• Question

• When tring to run map against our networks one machine fails inventory and performance metrics. 

Map is instaled on a 64bit windows 7 machine the machine that fails is a server2008 R2 machine with sqlserver 2008 r2 installed

there are about 40 other machines that MAP works just fine using the same credentials.

i had ran map a couple of times before on this machine other than windows updates i am unaware of anything else changing.

in the error log i  get Wmi = FailedDueToAccessDenied Registry = FailedDueToAccessDenied

admin share is accessable

remote registry is accessable

I run MAP with a Domain Admin account which is obvouisly a member of the local admin group on the pc but just to verify that its wasnt actually a permissions problem i added domain admins to the WMI Security.

i have used winmgmt to verify wmi repository.

i can use perfmon remotely using the same account and i can use NSclient++ on the machine to do WMI queries and it works just fine.

new antivirus software was installed about 2 month ago but has ran at least once successfully after that.  as a test i truned off AV completly made not difference.

If anyone has anyidea where to start that would be great so far i have no idea where to even begin since it has worked before and wmi and remore registry still work..  and it currently still works on other machines.  

Monday, April 4, 2011 3:09 PM

All replies

• I would recommend that you start by verifying that all the necessary configurations have been made to the machine and possibly the firewall.  You can find these listed in Appendix A of the Getting Started Guide.

You can also use WBEMTEST as shown in this video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xtxo8re2_9w) to test your WMI connectivity and visit the TechNet library for a helpful article called “WMI Isn’t Working!” (http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff406382.aspx) for more tips regarding troubleshooting WMI connectivity.

Thanks,

Michael Switzer

Monday, April 4, 2011 7:19 PM