LAZERUS XP PRO RRS feed

• Question

• SINCE FEB OR MARCH 2015,...MICROSOFT APPEAR TO HAVE REMOVED THE MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIAL CONTROL PANEL FROM XP PRO,......;THIS FEATURE WAS A COMFORT BLANKET TO MANY AS YOU COULD AT LEAST PERFORM A VIRUS SCAN AGAINST THE LAST UPDATED VIRUS LIST EVEN IF IT WAS DATED.

I CAN UNDERSTAND THAT THE UPDATES ARE NO LONGER MADE AVAILABLE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC BUT CAN SEE NO SENSE IN REMOVING THE SCAN FEATURE OUTRIGHT.

CAN THE SCAN FEATURE BE REDILY REACTIVATED OFFLINE FOR EXAMPLE.

I ASSUME IT WAS DECOMMISSIONED BY A RECENT UPDATE FROM MICROSOFT AND I ASSUME THE RESETTING XP PRO TO AN EARLIER TIME \ BACKUP POINT MAY SOLVE MY FIRST QUESTION BUT WOULD ALSO LOOSE ALL OTHER UPDATES SINCE THAT DATE.

I FURTHER NOTICE THAT USING A FRESH INSTALL OF XP PRO SP3 INITIALY PRODUCED NO UPDATES BUT THAT THE WORKSTATION DOWNLOADED ABOUT 150 UPDATES THE NEXT DAY,...SADLY NOT MSE

I FEEL THAT MICROSOFT  MUST CONSIDER MAKING THE UPDATES PUBLICALY AVAILABLE FOR A FEE AS IT IS REALLY IN THE INTERESTS OF SO MANY,....ANY NEWS OF THIS ISSUE  IS OF INTEREST AS CLEARLY A PENCIL CAN DO THINGS THAT A BIRO CAN NOT AND XP PRO CAN DO THINGS THAT 7 PRO CAN NOT

Tuesday, March 17, 2015 9:21 AM

Answers