Skype For Business-Outlook Integration issue RRS feed

• Question

• Help me out from this SFB issue

...My Exchange server isn,t letting us to connect

Friday, February 1, 2019 9:48 AM

All replies

• Hi Madasu Sandhya,

Could you please describe this issue in detail? Such as the error you get and which action you have done.

For your issue, if you did not do the integration between Exchange and Skype for Business, you need to configure this as the steps below: 
    1. Configure Autodiscover
    2. Configure OAuth
    3. Configure Exchange Server
    4. Configure SFB Server
    5. Verify Connectivity 
    Details you could refer to following blog: Exchange and Skype for Business Integration
    If you have configured the integration, you need to get the configuration by using the command in this blog and check the setting you have done, if there’re any errors, please try to change the settings.

In addition, if this issue only occurs for one user, please try to check the SFB client settings. Please ensure user has enable the options under “Exchange and Outlook Integration” in SFB option -> Personal:

You could also try to delete the cache files as below and then check again:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX 
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

Monday, February 4, 2019 1:54 AM
  • Hi Evan Jiang,

Thanks for the solution, but still I am facing the same problem. The wonder here is, there is no problem when I am using my sign-in in other machine other than mine.

May I know next possible step to overcome this issue!!

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:11 AM
  • Hello

Lets check:

Where is your Exchange and Skype? All On-Premises? Hybrid? Online?

What is the error message? Please, provide an image of configure informations Skype for Business.

“Vote As Helpful” and/or “Mark As Answered” - MCSA - MCSE - http://www.ucsteps.com/

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 11:49 AM
  • Hello,

Exchange and Skype both are online.

Here is the link which explains the outlook integration problem

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Ffilestore.community.support.microsoft.com%2Fapi%2Fimages%2F7184608c-9a95-45d3-a7d3-ad4fa1db4cc5&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fanswers.microsoft.com%2Fen-us%2Fmsoffice%2Fforum%2Fmsoffice_sfb-mso_other-mso_o365b%2Fskype-for-business-outlook-integration-error%2F52c35a27-103e-4b7a-9898-8c37c96a2398&docid=t2HoWXWuB78sKM&tbnid=KSI6aVy5OrV0RM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi3v9Pl0aTgAhWIdn0KHX2eDIsQMwhAKAAwAA..i&w=348&h=235&client=firefox-b-ab&bih=834&biw=1173&q=SFB%20outlook%20integration%20issue&ved=0ahUKEwi3v9Pl0aTgAhWIdn0KHX2eDIsQMwhAKAAwAA&iact=mrc&uact=8

Here, attachment of SFB configure info

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fsocial.technet.microsoft.com%2FForums%2Fgetfile%2F1041882&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Fsocial.technet.microsoft.com%2FForums%2Fen-US%2Fc5b30893-9cdc-4a95-9f6f-1da1e5642352%2Fskype-for-business-cant-connect-to-exchange-error%3Fforum%3Dsfbfr&docid=h5ozo071kRJq3M&tbnid=3SlvdGWwQdOXPM%3A&vet=10ahUKEwi3v9Pl0aTgAhWIdn0KHX2eDIsQMwhCKAIwAg..i&w=715&h=588&client=firefox-b-ab&bih=834&biw=1173&q=SFB%20outlook%20integration%20issue&ved=0ahUKEwi3v9Pl0aTgAhWIdn0KHX2eDIsQMwhCKAIwAg&iact=mrc&uact=8

Tuesday, February 5, 2019 12:59 PM
  • Hi Madasu Sandhya,

According to your description, you only have this issue in one PC, all work fine in another PC. 

Based on the information above, I suggest you could follow the steps below to fix this issue:
    1. Delete SFB cache files as below:
    SFB client cache file: %Userprofile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    SFB Registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Lync\sip_XXXXX
    2. Delete the Outlook profile and then recreate it in the Control Panel. 
    After doing this, sign-in SFB and Outlook client and then check it again. 

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnsf@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn more. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about Microsoft Teams.

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Monday, February 11, 2019 5:46 AM
    Wednesday, February 6, 2019 6:20 AM
  • Hi Madasu Sandhya,

Is there any update for this issue? If the reply is helpful to you, please try to mark it as an answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, February 12, 2019 6:16 AM
  • Hi Evan Jiang,

Thank you for the reply but all these steps have been done before asking a question in the forum..

FYI, the issue has been solved by cross-checking the following dependencies:

1. The outlook and SFB both log-in accounts must be same

2. The account you are trying to log-in SFB and Outlook must be a windows-connected account

3. If after cross-checking above two steps the issue hasn't solved go through the deletion of other window's connected accounts in regedit.

Regards

Madasu Sandhya

• Proposed as answer by woshixiaobai Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:44 AM
    Friday, February 15, 2019 10:43 AM
  • Hi Madasu Sandhya,

Thanks for your sharing, we are glad to see your issue has been fixed. In addition, you could mark your reply as answer, it will help others who have the similar issue.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Tuesday, February 19, 2019 7:45 AM
  • Hi Madasu Sandhya,

Please remember to mark helpful reply as answer to close the thread. Your action would be helpful to other users who encounter the same issue and read this thread. Thanks for your understanding.

Best Regards,
    Evan Jiang

Thursday, February 21, 2019 7:00 AM