none
PPS 2010: export to excel dropdown doesn't work properly RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

after installing KB 2596590 and 2597076 over a SP1 Sharepoint Server 2010, i'm not be longer able to export ssrs reports using the dropdown menu inside the webpart. That link seems to reload the report using the ReportViewer.aspx page rather than render it as excel file and prompt for saving. 

Before the KB i was able to do it well, and the browser prompted me to save the excel file. After the update i was only able to export using the toolbar of the ssrs report itself.

Hope i was clear.

Thanks for your support

Antonio Buonaiuto Microsoft Certified Professional MCP - Certification ID 9408020

Friday, January 25, 2013 2:02 PM

All replies

• So you installed some of the hotfixes from the October 2011 and December 2011 CUs.  Not sure if you are simply installing individual hotfixes or the entire SharePoint Server CUs.  I would recommend installing the entire CU.  The one thing you will always want to do is test this out in a different environment other than Production to validate everything.  Quite often you will come across items such as this, one thing is fixed, but one or more items break during the process.

I had Dec 2011 CU installed and noticed same behavior as you.  I have downloaded and installed the Dec 2012 CU to see if a fix might have happened over the past year, but no such luck. This is still an issue and has not either been reported or fixed.  Sorry.  This is a bug.

Dan English's BI Blog

Sunday, January 27, 2013 11:24 PM
  •  Quite often you will come across items such as this, one thing is fixed, but one or more items break during the process.

This is the reason why i choose to apply only one KB from the CUs. However i'm only in the first step of testing and i haven't applied it yet in the production environment.

Even though i don't recommend this approach, i can only imagine how much bugs it would introduce a full CU... I'd prefer a Service Pack which is being more deeply tested.

When a CU will resolve that bug i would plan to deploy it on a production env.

Thank you for your fast response

Antonio Buonaiuto Microsoft Certified Professional MCP - Certification ID 9408020

Monday, January 28, 2013 8:01 AM